Page 169 of 389 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Walking on Sunshine

DH started the veggies this week in one of the covered grow boxes, sits in the bay window now. He says we should be ready to put them in the ground come May but I'm thinking with the weather we're having it'll be more like beginning of June.
    We went to the home and garden show today, picked up a couple of ideas for said garden. DH has been researching raised garden beds. He's always just planted in the ground but with the last garden, he was having trouble due to arthritis , bending and moving.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Bought about $700 worth canned goods...mostly meats and soups.

This Cyprus thing has me worried.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

prepguide
    Spent the better part of a week in the woods with a few dozen other preppers. Its an annual thing we do to go camping together. We had a terrific time, great food and a variety of workshops including a hands on suturing course. Its a ton of work getting that many together and from as many different places (11 states represented) but it was sure worth it. I feel refreshed and recharged and now ready to really dive into getting my upcoming (August) Preparedness Expo going. A very good week for me. Hope everyone here had a good week.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    same ol'.same ol'... played in the garden, put some canned goods away. went shooting with a buddy. kinda expensive, i could see dollar bills flash every time i squeezed the trigger. but the cost was out weighed by good fellowship and knowing i still have what it takes.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

A laugh a minute
    Went to Northern tool and got me a new toy for my gadget belt.
    It has all kinds of gadgets and only $10

and mine looks like this to match all my knives

I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

More canned goods and rice.

tractor supply had winter clearance going on. Picked up 12 pairs of wool socks for $2.99 each

picked up a kershaw camp 10 knife. Neat blade
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Busy weekend. I got the garden started finally. Planted Leeks, Brussel Sprouts, cauliflour, cabbage, white and yellow onions, & lettuce.
    I also did a repair to a section of the fence around the chicken run. Two sides of the run had a gap under it that had me worried something could work their way under it. I took a 2' wide piece of hardware cloth and bent it into an L shape and wired it to the fence on the upright and used landscape pins to stake the bottom section to the ground.
    Finally picked up a large cannister of stove fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    picked up a kershaw camp 10 knife. Neat blade
    Iz, i read the write up on the knife, the thing that threw me was the talk of 'zombies'. they get close enough to cut, somebody isn't doing their JOB!!!

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

A laugh a minute
    Well we finally lost all 4 of our chickens that we got last year. With us being gone for so long and the neighbors trying their best to look our for them they didn't make it. But we have a new chicken tractor and Tractor Supply is having their animal swap the 30th so we are aiming to get more and now that we are here WE can take care of them. We even put up the game cam on the chickens and it didn't even catch the chicken eater. But we set the trap with the dead chicken in it and caught a huge possum. Weasels have been seen a mile or so away too.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

chicken stealing bastards. LOL sorry about the others,though. got a dog? well, i am sure you do. but look into a Blue Heeler or a Catahoula Cur Dog. mean bastards, they will keep any and everything out of the yard. or you could adopt a robsdak for a month or so. it is told he is a crackshot and has a new .17HMR.