Page 17 of 389 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Just sold my spare AR-15, now ill have some $$$ to buy more preps!

...or another firearm >.>
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I bought a Pandigital 72-70fw 7" tablet at Amazon for $81.00. It hasn't arrived yet but am anxious to try it out. I think I might could use this to be my window on the world if the power goes out since I have solar battery backups.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Yesterday I finished off the 40#'s of Chicken I had to can. I was thawing Chicken Breast for dinner anyways and was short about half a jar so I used a little bit of the dinner meat and came up with four full jars. They've been canned, sealed, washed, dated and put on the shelf.

I'll most likely shit myself

Busy week this week. We've put up 18 jars of tomato's, with about a dozen more to do tomorrow. 2 gallons of dried apples, picked up 700# of seed, & grain, and got a reloading press and some supplies for that. Tonight I picked up a cheap metal door for the coop.

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    I am living in a sea of jam right now. All season long we store up all our berries as we harvest, freeze them then I jam them all over a couple weeks in this late fall. So far: huckleberry (both red and blue), apple butter, peach butter, blueberry and today working my way through so many strawberries I might be here all day, and then I still have raspberry and blackberry to do...will easily take a day a piece to process so many of them its daunting.

Planted my wheat for next year. Also put annual rye on 1 and a half of the second one. The other half I planted Rape seed to give it a try for a cover crop. Suppose to rain tonight thru Thursday morning. Should get the seed germinated and up pretty quick.
    We got another gallon of apple dehydrated and several jars of apples put up. Ended up with another 26 jars of tomatos.

Where's the epi?

Oh dude...you and Justa make me want to go to bed and sleep for a week.............................................. ........................

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    We recovered green house #2 (tomatoes grew so large they grew straight through the plastic and down the sides...it was a chore but now its replanted with salad stuff for the family for winter.
    Finished two cow hides. This was such a chore, I have tanned all sorts of things, but never anything this big. I could do a huge happy dance for successfully tanning them hair on, on my own. They are beautiful and the work of it was worth it. Also made some winter stuffs with rabbit hides I had tanned a bit ago: a "hand muffler" for our daughter, and moccasins started for Big J. Need another sable hide for the upper, so they will sit unfinished until I do the next round of rabbits in 5 weeks. Just in time for Christmas: SWEET. Got that inside piglet living out in the field 24/7 at this point...quite the effort to keep him alive, get him going on solids and get him outside...but again well worth it. And of course more jam....

Raven that is awesome. I've never tried tanning anything.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Picked up some more #!0 cans of pudding, olives, strawberrys at the local Woodmans, didnt pay over $4.00 per can!