Page 170 of 389 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

A laugh a minute
    Rob thanks for the offer but yes we have dogs, they are 3 schnauzers and they chase anything that moves. But right now the problem is that we are not living there at this time. We are looking for a Anatolian Shepherd for our livestock Guardian but we have to wait until we are back to living on the property.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Rob thanks for the offer but yes we have dogs, they are 3 schnauzers and they chase anything that moves. But right now the problem is that we are not living there at this time. We are looking for a Anatolian Shepherd for our livestock Guardian but we have to wait until we are back to living on the property.
    Anatolians are good, I have had 4 of them. But they are very head strong. I don't know you personally so don't take this the wrong way. If you are a alpha personality a anatolian is for you. If you are not a strong leader, and willing to make the dog submit than you might want to pick a different breed. They will keep all animals (you can teach them to accept other animals if you work at it) away, and will kill them if they get to close. Ours loves our cat, and our monkeys, but any other critter just comes in the yard without being introduced by me or my wife will get killed. We have dead armadillos, opossums and so on scattered all over the place.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    Iz, i read the write up on the knife, the thing that threw me was the talk of 'zombies'. they get close enough to cut, somebody isn't doing their JOB!!!
    Agreed on the zombies.

i think it will turn out to be a heck of a camp knife. If i get a chance to get out and pit it through its paces, ill write up a review. So far, i love it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

A laugh a minute
    No offense taken Helo. I am a take charge kinda girl if need be if that helps and I have read that about them. I raised and attack trained Dobie's and Rottie's and unless they are more head strong then them I am in good shape. But then again That was when i was younger to. But we are getting a pup so I should be able to get it trained before it gets bigger than me. Thanks for the info tho since I have never had one before I can use all the help on them I can get.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    No offense taken Helo. I am a take charge kinda girl if need be if that helps and I have read that about them. I raised and attack trained Dobie's and Rottie's and unless they are more head strong then them I am in good shape. But then again That was when i was younger to. But we are getting a pup so I should be able to get it trained before it gets bigger than me. Thanks for the info tho since I have never had one before I can use all the help on them I can get.
    Just be consistent, and make sure the dog always submits to you. When my anatolian does something I don't like I chase her around until she lays down and submits. If she doesn't, I make her by force. They really are good dogs, just have to stay on top of them.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Bought some medical supplies, parts for AR, a Lightsaber, TP, a case of 10W30 Mobile1, a FD Okra sample to see if its good for storage, more water.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

A laugh a minute
    We had to pull up some of our willow trees as the were in the way of progress, as the guys were pulling them up i was saying a prayer for the trees to the great spirit. I then harvested some of the bark to make aspirin. I had a headache since morning and I made a 2 tsps. of the bark when I got home for my headache. I also chewed on some of the bark as I was stripping it from the tree. No more headache. I picked some of the shoots off the Pussy willow as they were starting to come out and put them in a vase for a side table. I harvest some wild onion and used it in our supper, I made the willow bark tincture and a orange oil tincture. I cleaned my last years soil and bagged it for this year.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    Bought some medical supplies, parts for AR, a Lightsaber, TP, a case of 10W30 Mobile1, a FD Okra sample to see if its good for storage, more water.
    A Lightsaber......pics or GTFO.....

Mine....

Last edited by Echo2; 03-21-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Well over the winter I let my weight and girth get the best of me, so instead of loosening the web belt and straps on the backpack I joins the gym again.

Also went to the army navy store and bought some more new ammo cans and trioxane...

cheers X

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    A Lightsaber......pics or GTFO.....
    Need to take some pics I guess.
    Bought a Graflex CE in Guardian Blue
    Already had a Manticore in Blazing Red, and a cheapo Luke Skywalker Green (WM special)
    Not much prepping value except for those times when you are bored to death in the bunker

Yes, I am also a flashaholic
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.