Page 211 of 389 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

Thanks for the link. I will give them a try.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I have made some changes to my personal life as some of you already know. I am now planning a house purchase and vehicle purchase in the very near future (next couple months) I am going to try for a few acres if possible and I also have other layout needs as well.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

This past week, I made a batch of beef jerky and canned up some meatballs from meat I found on sale. Put up part of the apples into applesauce and apple pie filling. Finally got started dehydrating potatoes; easy, just takes time. We had our first hard freeze this week so I topped the cabbages and kale and put up cabbage soup. I covered up the young root crops for two days as it went back up to the 40s after the cold front passed. I brought in the herbs, young fruit trees and plants and hurt my back lifting clay pots.

Bought a new .22 target pistol at a super price. It shoots all types of .22 ammo; I was needing it to shoot varmints around the farm, snakes, rats, etc. I found some glass cylinder candles on sale for 75 cents, got one more oil lantern and more oil. I picked up some Halloween candy on sale and vacuum sealed it. Found a few more dozen pint jars at various stores. Picked up some neat LED flashlites at TS, you can hang them or they have a suction cup stand to hold the lite where you want it.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Im interested, how hard is it to dehydrate potatoes? Just slice them thin and slap them in the dehydrator? Im assuming thats all there is to it, correct me if Im wrong? Hadn't thought of dehydrating potatoes! Love that idea!

As for me, did some more jerky, used a Caribbean jerk recipe, wasn't too impressed with the results, but that's how it goes sometimes. Bagged it, tagged it, and stored it.

Did a full inventory in the pantry, re-verfified expiration dates on some perishables, still good across the board.

Prepped for rifle season starting this weekend.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

put about 80 pounds of deer into the freezer. buddy and I got two nice does, deboned were 75 and 85 pounds respectively.

pics to follow when I can upload them
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I haven't posted here in a long time because I haven't done much in a long time! I had a lot of problems during the summer and fall which led to a lot of my preps being destroyed. I basically just decided to chuck it all for a while and regroup. Once again, I am re-evaluating everything and starting over. And I gave away a large part of my trading items because my BIL's cousin's house burned down on Thanksgiving. I'm happy to help though, and it put my problems into a new perspective.

So far since Oct, I added two kayaks, a new hiking backpack, a few more Mountain House cans (the big ones), and I just ordered the MSR miniworks EX microfilter from Amazon. Between their sale and my credit card points, I got it for about $30, so I would be stupid not to buy it. That will be all for a few months because we have to pay a lawyer to sue some idiot, plus we are saving for a big road trip this summer.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    MsO.. . sorry to hear that things arent going as well as can be hoped for, but remember, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!

If its prying into personal details, please feel free to tell me to kindly kick rocks, but im curious as to how your preps got destroyed during the summer/fall? What it that you had to use them in re: to the house burning down? Im just going by your post, but that didnt seem to be the case, but I may have read it wrong as well. Anything we can do to help get ya back on track?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Added a seed vault from mypatriotsupply.com. Looks interesting, my mom ordered it for me on a whim, and ended up getting one for sister and brother as well. I may actually use it this coming spring just to test it out. I'd hate to find out it sucks post shtf. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

Does the vault have a list of varieties are included? How many types of seed are in it? How many seeds?

I've looked at some of these, but decided I would prefer to pick out the type seed and varieties I stored. I am interested in what you got and what you think of it.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Does the vault have a list of varieties are included? How many types of seed are in it? How many seeds?

I've looked at some of these, but decided I would prefer to pick out the type seed and varieties I stored. I am interested in what you got and what you think of it.
    Here's the list of what mine has. (Its down near the bottom in red)
    http://www.mypatriotsupply.com/Articles.asp?ID=245

I like that everything is Mylar packed, and re sealable, they seem to go the extra mile with the packaging. Only time will tell.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.