Page 215 of 389 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

Lady those ovens are suppose to be really noce. We have one on our list of gotta haves.
    AK that is a good variety of fruit once they get to producing regular.
    Stormy from what little I know Artic Cats are prety high on the list of quality brands. What size are they?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Stormy from what little I know Artic Cats are prety high on the list of quality brands. What size are they?
    These are both 440's, ones a little older and its called a Arctic Cat El Tigre. We took both of them out and had a blast tooling around in them.. The oldest boy managed to hit a few hallmarks today in life, his first time riding a snowmobile, his first time getting thrown from a vehicle, and his first time going over 100 MPH! Before anyone gets upset, all three events were all separate of each other! He was trying to get the concept of cornering at the beginning and didnt know he had to lean into the turn!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Sounds like a good time on the riding. Turning snow machines is different from anything I had done before. The one I rode won't turn at slow speed, Much easier going a little faster and with room to turn. They are fun to ride after getting a little time on them.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Did some shooting today. I loaded over 100 rounds of 10mm to test last night and 50 rounds of .223. I had every intention of doing so but our normal rifle spot was full and the closest public range is an hour. Where we ended up had weeds and grass that were too tall and I kept losing my 10mm brass (I cried a little, can't exactly go to a range to get more). So we played with AR's and shot a couple cases of clays.

Going to go to the range tomorrow and at least test the .223. DNR gets butthurt when you shoot from the lanes and the shortest range is 25 yards, a little far to test pistol reloads. My first lowest 5 10mm were decently accurate, but pretty weak to shoot. The .223 were all low and pretty open (could have been the wind, again not an ideal place to test). Most importantly, these were my first reloads and I didn't blow up.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ordered six more mags

Ordered two Blackhawk chest rigs (off ebay, not link below)
    http://www.tactical-store.com/ts-bw-pc-aabade.html

Picked up 500 rnds of ammo for $150

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Crotch Rocket

This week was largely dominated by splitting and stacking fire wood. A "little" late this year, but at least we got it in before this big blizzard I'm hearing about hits us tonight.

In other news, I went on my normal Saturday shopping trip and played hell finding a gallon of milk! Lol
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Spent this afternoon installing two Gel Cell batteries and a trickle charger at our local EmComm repeater site. The repeater typically runs from a 110v to 12v power supply. But using a relay system it is now set up to switch over to the batteries when utility power is lost. Under a reduced usage during an emergency situation we should get 4-7 days before the repeater goes down. This could well be great timing. We are expecting bad weather over the next 3-4 days.

Walking on Sunshine

Know what ya mean MT . Went yesterday to pick up the kitty litter that I forgot to get the other day, lines were to the back of the store. Little OLD lady 'bout 80 went to stand in what she thought was a small 12 items or less line and the crowd started to yell, yeah yell at her to go to back of line NO ONE thought to help her, (I did) I couldn't believe it AND the junk these people were buying was ridiculous, frozen food, chips, pop, just junk food. A few of had canned goods, milk (and kitty litter LOL). One guy bought 20 bags of rock salt, He was ahead of me and said he buys it all the time once a month but didn't expect the idiots, his words, that were in line yesterday when he went to get his regular order, having a cow because he wrote a check for it. Talk about idiots panicking.
    So far we've gotten 5" supposed to get another 5 by tonight. Son 1 has to go to airport tomorrow and take kids back to CO., we'll see if the flights get cancelled or delayed. Just hope he takes it easy and drives carefully from his in-laws up north of here.

Yesterday I signed up for a honey bee course that starts next month. Today I ordered some barrels and buckets for a small aquaponics system. I got a 6x12 greenhouse for Christmas so I'm in the planing stage of how to make the most of a small space.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by belew View Post
    Yesterday I signed up for a honey bee course that starts next month. Today I ordered some barrels and buckets for a small aquaponics system. I got a 6x12 greenhouse for Christmas so I'm in the planing stage of how to make the most of a small space.
    Be sure to keep us posted. I'd like to see you bee setup and aquaponics system. I'm sure everyone else would too.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.