Page 218 of 389 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Built 2 PVC strawberry towers out of 4" pipe. Gonna paint them brown, and use black paint to make them look like tree trunks so they look less like big ugly white pipes tomorrow. I've got room for 25 strawberry plants in 2 square feet of garden space. Last year our garden was kinda rushed and disjointed. This year, its gonna look like we know what we're doing. (Sorta)
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Premium Member
    Put my ruck on did a 8 mile hump, gotta get back to getting out more.

Been working the last few days on finishing the goat kidding barn. Got rafters hung yesterday and it mostly sided in. When finished we should have a 24'x32' barn dedicated to the goats.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Crotch Rocket

Started working my first reloads this weekend. Got some brass twice cleaned and primed for .223, powder and "pills" to follow once my week slows down again.

Actually not too happy with the powder process at the moment. I was getting some widely varied readings on my beam scale, and I'm not sure if it was the scale or the powder measure. I'll find out soon enough since I want a digital scale anyway. The 1/10th gradients on the beam are a bit confusing and take too long for my liking. I want this as idiot-proof as possible.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Started working my first reloads this weekend. Got some brass twice cleaned and primed for .223, powder and "pills" to follow once my week slows down again.

Actually not too happy with the powder process at the moment. I was getting some widely varied readings on my beam scale, and I'm not sure if it was the scale or the powder measure. I'll find out soon enough since I want a digital scale anyway. The 1/10th gradients on the beam are a bit confusing and take too long for my liking. I want this as idiot-proof as possible.
    What powder are you using? Just want to make sure you use one that will cycle a semi auto. I use BLC-2 mostly, (can't remember the others) but just because it is labeled for 223 does not mean it will cycle the AR. Also don't get to worried about a few tenths of a grain here and there for your plinking ammo. The gun should cycle and shoot just fine any ammo, even ammo loaded outside the range of the manual. I load my plinking ammo as light as possible to make the powder go further. I think I am running 23.0 grains of BLC-2 and never have any issues. For my self defense ammo I load it a lot hotter.

Also what scale are you using? What press are you using? And what powder dispenser?
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Crotch Rocket

The powder is H332. Williams Gun Sight is within easy driving distance of me so we took a small road trip on Friday. The clerk there recommended it and gave me some CCI primers, which look to be pretty safe since my Lee Auto Prime can take all 100 of them no problem.

LEE is the majority of my equipment. I made myself a fairly portable setup by getting their hand press, and screwing their powder measure to a wooden base. Its also their beam scale I don't like reading... One or the other of those also threw some pretty wild variations to the mix. I'd get it close to perfect, and next thing I know the scale would drop and max out after a .01-.02 adjustment of the charge.

I'm not worried if I'm a tenth or two light or heavy on the scale setting since I'm not maxing the load out. The H332 recipe calls for a max. starting load of 21 grains, with a not to exceed of 23 grains, so I'm within safe settings either way. I'm anal though, and I don't want any "guess or by gosh" with this at all if I can help it.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    The powder is H332. Williams Gun Sight is within easy driving distance of me so we took a small road trip on Friday. The clerk there recommended it and gave me some CCI primers, which look to be pretty safe since my Lee Auto Prime can take all 100 of them no problem.

LEE is the majority of my equipment. I made myself a fairly portable setup by getting their hand press, and screwing their powder measure to a wooden base. Its also their beam scale I don't like reading... One or the other of those also threw some pretty wild variations to the mix. I'd get it close to perfect, and next thing I know the scale would drop and max out after a .01-.02 adjustment of the charge.

I'm not worried if I'm a tenth or two light or heavy on the scale setting since I'm not maxing the load out. The H332 recipe calls for a max. starting load of 21 grains, with a not to exceed of 23 grains, so I'm within safe settings either way. I'm anal though, and I don't want any "guess or by gosh" with this at all if I can help it.
    Load a few and make sure they run in your rifle, before you load a bunch of them.

The lee equipment is fine, I still use my lee turret press from time to time. It is hard to tell how much a load is off with a beam scale, but it takes a large difference in powder to make any real world difference, especially if you are on the low side.

Just have fun with it, and don't try to get to perfect for plinking ammo. Remember it is for fun and to allow you to shoot more.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Crotch Rocket

With you there. We only planned to load 5 for now, though we primed more.

And would you believe part of the enjoyment for me is being as precise as possible? Its the technical side of me.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Trying to kick this bad flu I think I picked up on a little jaunt that I had to take a few weeks ago. I hate bringing home crappy virus's from crappy places I have to visit! I swear to god, at some point, Im going to end up being Patient Zero on the next bubonic plague!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bacon saver

OIl change on the "urban assault vehicle" stocked the petroleum locker (motor oil, filters, I keep an extra supply for.....you know) Worked some loads for the M14 I do think I'm about ready for a 175gr "match" production run now. Weather was real today so I got some range time in. I have a shit load of Lake City brass that's prepped and ready to load but just haven't made the right load yet. But today might have been the one. I need to try one more thing and if that works I'll be running about 5 or 6 hundred rounds to start. Then I'll have to tweak the 168gr Match load one more time as well and then I'll finish running the rest of the brass. So do I use the "A-Max" or the Barnes TSX? Fuck I don't know.........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.