Page 219 of 389 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

Sorry to hear bout the flu Stormy. We both had it a couple weeks ago and it SUCKS! Took about ten days to start gettin our strength back. Two guys on my crew have had it, one was in the hospital for 2 weeks. The other hasnt got back to work yet after 11 days.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    OIl change on the "urban assault vehicle" stocked the petroleum locker (motor oil, filters, I keep an extra supply for.....you know) Worked some loads for the M14 I do think I'm about ready for a 175gr "match" production run now. Weather was real today so I got some range time in. I have a shit load of Lake City brass that's prepped and ready to load but just haven't made the right load yet. But today might have been the one. I need to try one more thing and if that works I'll be running about 5 or 6 hundred rounds to start. Then I'll have to tweak the 168gr Match load one more time as well and then I'll finish running the rest of the brass. So do I use the "A-Max" or the Barnes TSX? Fuck I don't know.........
    Barnes are a much better bullet, but way more expensive. I decided on the Hornady SST's, good all around bullet. Very accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    With you there. We only planned to load 5 for now, though we primed more.

And would you believe part of the enjoyment for me is being as precise as possible? Its the technical side of me.
    I also enjoy being precise as possible for my good ammo, but my plinking ammo I just roll out as many as possible. Accuracy is always acceptable.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

The other day I picked up a vacu-seal food saver.... I lose way to much food to the dreaded freezer burn. That along with awesome deals in chicken breast and pork loin I was able to portion out a few months worth of dinners for the fam. I'm not sure what took me so long to purchase this bad boy...

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

We traded 40 dozen eggs for 80 broiler chickens that are ready to slaughter. Should put a bunch of meat up.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Walking on Sunshine

Sorry,haven't been on lately. EB,try Keystone for canned meat,if you're not putting your own up. We have a few cans.It's all good beef, ground beef, chicken,turkey and pork. Nothing added but a little salt. Local grocery has the beef chunks,pork and chic. Unless you see the can, can't tell the difference when added to stews,chili.,etc. It's a bit pricey but their web site claims with proper storage, cans will last 5 years. Did coney dog sauce for work pot luck with the ground beef.Everyone thought it was da best they ever had. Other than getting me a bow and arrows for early Xmas gift, just trying to maintain adding to food storage. Oh ,in June the alternative energy show normally held up north will be close by.I'm taking first day of show off work and seeing about wind/solar power back ups for home Maybe get off grid and make energy co's pay ME!

Completed and passed my Canadian firearms safety training today. Now just filling out my application for my PAL and sending it in. All that's left is determine what type of rifle to buy.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I picked up a JRC (Just Right Carbine) in 9mm. Its accepts my Glock 17 mags which gives me mag compatability for my primary and secondary. I will get some pics up in the weapons thread soon. Also picked up more ammo. Got some trigger time in with Kodiak. The JRC handled just fine. Been working on the house mostly.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    I picked up a JRC (Just Right Carbine) in 9mm. Its accepts my Glock 17 mags which gives me mag compatability for my primary and secondary. I will get some pics up in the weapons thread soon. Also picked up more ammo. Got some trigger time in with Kodiak. The JRC handled just fine. Been working on the house mostly.
    I had one of those before it was called "just right carbine". It had another name ( cant remember right now) and took colt smg mags at the time, but it was the same gun. That company sold out to the guys making the JRC now.

Cool little guns. If you can find it, the IMI subgun ammo runs really well through them.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Went to a yard sale down the street and bought two bow saws. More importantly learned some intel. My rural ag area is being bought up by developers at a mad pace, the yard sale guy just sold for a crazy high price, along with his neighbors. 800 houses are already going up at the end of my little back road where it meets the main road, now all this even closer.
    I think I need to start some serious thinking about where to move.
    Central Florida is really starting to suck.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by Alas Babylon View Post
    Went to a yard sale down the street and bought two bow saws. More importantly learned some intel. My rural ag area is being bought up by developers at a mad pace, the yard sale guy just sold for a crazy high price, along with his neighbors. 800 houses are already going up at the end of my little back road where it meets the main road, now all this even closer.
    I think I need to start some serious thinking about where to move.
    Central Florida is really starting to suck.
    There is times when information is worth as much as any item you own.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.