Page 230 of 389 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

The Sig Pro guns are drastically under rated for what they are. They are absolutely fantastic pistols. All the Sig quality at half the cost of the Classic Sig series.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Picked up a. Outlet of books from Amazon.
    Medicinal herbs by Rosemary Glad star
    Seed to seed by Suzanne Ashworth
    Both are used and have been around a while but are good detailed books

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Just roto-tilled another two steps in the back terrace for adding in more to the garden plots, spent all day doing that, raking, planting, and watering two more rows of corn, a row of tomatoes, half row of lettuce, half row of carrots. Planning on a later harvest for these.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

got about half of my garden boxes turned over, and picked up some mulch and potting soil to mix in. Will be planting this weekend if the weather cooperates.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    got about half of my garden boxes turned over, and picked up some mulch and potting soil to mix in. Will be planting this weekend if the weather cooperates.
    How cold is it up there Sniper? Yall must have one very short growing season.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

Typically our May Long weekend marks the end of the cold season. It rarely goes below freezing after that, although it does happen. This past weekend away fishing, it hit -6C two seperate nights.

Typically, it'll start going down below freezing again around the third week of October.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Typically our May Long weekend marks the end of the cold season. It rarely goes below freezing after that, although it does happen. This past weekend away fishing, it hit -6C two seperate nights.

Typically, it'll start going down below freezing again around the third week of October.
    Wow, that is crazy. Our low last week was 66F.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Crotch Rocket

We're not much better off at my place than T this year, its been so wet. We got some onions in yesterday, and I filled a few rain gutters we added to some of the boxes, plus topped off our 4'x4' boxes since they settled quite a bit.

It looks like our strawberry mountain may have been a better theory and application though. Everything at ground level is growing, but those in higher tiers all died. Annuals only in them now.

I went on my first morel hunt on Mother's Day. I didn't find any, but did enjoy the time in the woods.

Not much else going on, really. I've been slamming a lot of time and resources into property improvement of late.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

The first rule of anything is OPSEC. So if you post (or boast) about "prepping" (or anything else anyway similar) you violate the First Rule! So don't!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by capcarl View Post
    The first rule of anything is OPSEC. So if you post (or boast) about "prepping" (or anything else anyway similar) you violate the First Rule! So don't!
    That logic would make this thread quite pointless. People share what they feel comfortable with here. That's how the members of the Colony learn. I've learned a great deal from members here.

Doesn't have to be " I bought 200 boxes of hollow points for my 200 pistols that I keep at 4949 prepperlane anytown USA" Instead state you found a good deal on a couple of boxes of ammo or a case of TP and stocked up. Seeing a few member's shopping list had spurred me to go pick up a few of the same item. Bottom line is you can still share without violating "opsec"

To keep this thread from derailing I'll share what I'm doing. I'm making soap. and will be getting lost in the woods to practice survival skills with a few friends. Practicing a skill is prepping. Welcome to the Colony.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.