Page 238 of 389 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Is that what y'all consider catch and release up there?
    Catch, sauté, and release...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Magnesium trick was simply showing them that if they put all the shavings in one pile versus spread out amongst the tinder, that it caught fire extremely fast versus a catch-flare-die which is what they were experiencing when they tried to build a fire with it.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Built a compost bin for grass clippings, and garden clippings out of pallets. I have one area of my yard that I bag because there's a kiddie pool and my son can't seem to wipe his feet, so I can better contain those clippings now. More compost is never a bad thing.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Built a compost bin for grass clippings, and garden clippings out of pallets. I have one area of my yard that I bag because there's a kiddie pool and my son can't seem to wipe his feet, so I can better contain those clippings now. More compost is never a bad thing.
    How far away from your house is your bin? I've been wanting to do one for kitchen scraps but don't want it to be an eye sore. Now that we are getting chickens do I even need one? Do chickens eat pretty much all scraps? I was thinking that whatever grass clipping I get (which honestly isn't much if BWRR keeps up with the mowing) I could just dump into the chicken area. When I clean the straw from the coop should that be put into a compost pile or just spread out for then to scratch through? Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Catch, sauté, and release...
    You're killing me.....
    I apologize for nothing...

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Ladyk13 I put all the mulch from the bottom of the chicken coop in my compost.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    How far away from your house is your bin? I've been wanting to do one for kitchen scraps but don't want it to be an eye sore. Now that we are getting chickens do I even need one? Do chickens eat pretty much all scraps? I was thinking that whatever grass clipping I get (which honestly isn't much if BWRR keeps up with the mowing) I could just dump into the chicken area. When I clean the straw from the coop should that be put into a compost pile or just spread out for then to scratch through? Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

You're killing me.....
    My back yard is 134ft deep from the back door. It's all the way to the back. I also have a compost tumbler that is closer to the house so we'll not be lazy and actually take the scraps out there. I'll probably be moving the tumbler once its empty in the fall. We seem to have a fly issue this year, but I can't blame it on the tumbler, it never seems to have flies in it when its opened, but ve sprayed it with permethrin several times to be sure.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

What have you done to prep this week?

Put up 8 half pints of chokecherry jam today and another 8 pints of Saskatoon berry jam and saskatoon syrup. I finished making my blueberry infused vodka and whiskey.

I Sweet pickled some beets, harvested my dill seeds, asian long beans seeds and snow pea seeds. Planted some more spinach (taking advantage of the cooler temps).

A few other preps as well were completed... But those are hush hush. It was a busy week for me the past 7 days. I figured I had to get it all in before I leave on an extended business trip

For the Love of Cats

let's see some recipes!! sound awesome!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    i am guessing 3 gal. of honey counts. : )

edit: HONEY! i had some pics of the jars. lost in the computer world. : )

Last edited by robsdak; 09-03-2014 at 05:32 AM. Reason: pics
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

CC Gray Panther
    Got 9 thermo replacement windows we ordered put in. 3 more should be in this week. Then just the 2 bigger windows and done.
    Filling up 550 gallon fuel oil tanks.
    Paying down debt