Page 276 of 388 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    finally pooped
    Completed an sks mod, working on a few other things in the gun department at the moment now. Also have kydex making material coming soon for holsters and sheaths. Ordered an airbrush because my last one shit the bed and literally exploded when I coated my most recent piece.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Sat back and took stock of the pantry, looking at what needs to be plus'ed up, what needs to be rotated, going to make some switches with the bug out bags, going to plus up the kids bags and stand down the wifes bag while shes at boot camp. Hoping that I will be able to sneak in a few changes that the wife wasnt really happy with while shes gone, I figure why not.. since she cant really offer her opinion about it.. might as well make it happen! Better to ask forgiveness than permission right?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    As soon as I can get out gun sit resolved, I hope to focus on the second pantry! SF has the right idea, but Ive kept shifting priorities and it ends up setting me back.

Since Ive settled on the M&P, I cant foresee "changing camps" again. (Damn, this is expensive AND tiresome!)

I really want to focus on setting back ammo, food and water! We have solidified on the AK so I cant see changing rifle camps. All I can see right now is more mags... and ammo.

Comms is getting ironed out, I got EVERYTHING I need to install my 2100H in the Jeep today.

I am now committed to a shooting school in WV, Ill post the link when I get more time... Need to get more PHYSICALLY FIT so I dont look like a fat lard ass out of shape REMF when I/we (taking Lil'Bravo too!) go!

End-
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

I bought another 10/22 from Walmart. Cost me about $15 and some change. Yup.
    My NFCU Visa I got $150 in gift cards (cashback on purchases)
    My Walmart App has a "savings catcher" feature where you scan your receipt and it compares local prices and gives you the diff if their price is higher. For a while they were offering 2X your money if you converted it to a AMEX Bluebird card. No prob. Ended up with $109.
    Between the Bluebird card and the gift cards, I basically just paid the sales tax. WIN!
    Walmart employee was must empressed. Said she had never seen that done before.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

For the Love of Cats

^
    Awesome job Alpha!! You should start an 'extreme couponing' type of thread! That was well done!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

I've got a pic up in weapons already, but I bought an M&P 22 today. I want to ramp up my range time and it seemed a good choice for that. I think I may get both steel bb and air soft versions next.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Premium Member
    Had a coupon for Dollar General for $5. off for every $25. you spend (use every Saturday only). Our DG store here is the new combo small grocery store-general store. So, yesterday, we picked up 6 ea. one pound canned hams (11/2019 use by date) to add to the medium term inventory. Also, picked up 10 ea., 5 oz cans of chunked ham also with the same use by date. We use the chunked ham all the time when cooking omelets or to throw in mac and cheese or even a tossed salad.

We do this every other week and makes it painless money wise, and really builds up the inventory.

Also, picked up some 556 for .29 each from a buddy.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

For the Love of Cats

Nothing financial, but given our unnaturally warm spring, I've got most of my raised gardens ready to go, and have started cleanup on my yard.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Lil'Bravo and I went and tested several of my reloads I havent gotten to do since all the snow.

I found the "happy spot" for both .45 and .40 with ETR7 powder, I also identified the charge with 40 at which I am seeing early signs of over pressure on the primer.

Will be posting a video later tonight.

EB

VIDEO
    http://www.shtfready.com/threads/471...0802#post80802
    Last edited by ElevenBravo; 03-22-2015 at 11:33 PM.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Planted a goji berry, and 3 Nanking cherries today so far. Going back out to plant 1 of the 2 elderberries I need, and 1 of the honey berry plants. I've got raspberries and more honey berry on order, and I've got to find one more elderberry. Got several herbs to fill a spot in the herb bed by the back door, and worked a little more on the garden today.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.