Page 28 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have a robot?
    Stormfeather I drink coffee...........

Finished up on putting new trim on the house, finished painting the house. Roofers came yesterday started tearing off the roof, the new roof should be completed by Thursday. I plan on putting the new doors we built on the pump house. Painted the first coat of paint on the pump house. Working on putting down my new deck

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    Did you soak the bananas in lemon water first? You're gonna want to do that. Then, dehydrate them.

I'll most likely shit myself

We use lemon juice, honey, and water to dehydrate our produce. Seems to help quite a bit.

Queen of the Doom Room
    I may have mentioned this a week ago but Walmart has soups on sale...holiday specials. In the past two weeks I've added four cases of soup to the stockpile.

Fired up the dehydrater for the first time in a long while. We're at one of those weird stage in our tomato harvest...too many to eat fresh but not quite enough to do a reasonable canning session with so I sliced a few and threw them in the dehydrator. As much dehydrating as I've done, I've never been successful at drying tomatoes so I'm hoping this time I can nail it. Also diced a bunch of mini sweet peppers that I buy in bulk from the big box store. They last forever in our fridge and I bought them before we went to Utah but I haven't been able to use them up fast enough since we've been home so today I diced them all up and threw them in with the tomatoes.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    roll out a cot.........I'm headed to your place after the PAW...........
    Bring the family, theres always room!

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    Did you soak the bananas in lemon water first? You're gonna want to do that. Then, dehydrate them.
    Welp. that explains it, no, Ive just been cutting them up, and then setting them in the dehydrator.

Yesterday I did some serious security work on the house. Hubby isn't too pee-oe'd about it. Still have lots more to do. I'm trying to get as much done as I can before the economy collapses and things turn to total sh*t.

Today I scored a 100% brand new wool army blanket for little over 7 dollars. If I could have forced myself to wait until Monday I could probably get it half off but I was scared somebody would grab it by then. I got the kids some new shoes for only $2.95/pair. Name brand: Danskin and Tommy Hilfigger.

Got me two new wool blend ski sweaters for 75 cents each!!!!!

Went to the hardware store and bought more staples for the staple gun. (May need to hang plastic sheeting in the near future, who knows?)
    Some curtain rod hanger hooks so I can hang some black out curtains tomorrow
    A special screwdriver for those kinds of screws that have little squares in the heads. I bought two big boxes of them a few weeks ago not realizing I couldn't use a regular flat or Phillips screwdriver on them.
    And more metal 2x4 brackets in case we'll need to barricade some doors later on.

And btw, I have dehydrated tons of bananas without using any lemon. I just slice them medium thin, lay them out neatly side by side on the dehydrator trays, and let them dehydrate for a couple of days. They're a little brown looking but they taste so sweet! I could eat a whole bag of them but I really try to resist since they are very fattening. And they tend to stick to my molars like crazy so after eating some I have to scrape chunks of them off my teeth. Doesn't stop me from cramming them in my pie hole by the handfuls though.
    Last edited by mollypup; 11-17-2011 at 08:04 PM.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice find on the square drive screws. The ones I have used while woodworking have been very good quality. I can't remember tearing out a head.

I made a few loaves of that Amish bread. . . then I ate them. . . so looks like its back to square one this week!

For the Love of Cats

absolutely nothing! I'm on holidays with my wife in Newfoundland.

But, my inlaws are holding down the fort at home... and the FIL loves to help out, so Imagine my firewood will be stocked up by the house, amongst other things. MIL loves to bake, so the freezers should be stocked up.