Page 290 of 389 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Getting ready to plant some more tomatoes onions, corn and squash. My butterbeans seems to have not made it for some reason, so may try to do them again.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

We've had so much rain that even though the raised beds drain better than the yard, the clouds and saturation has caused the tomatoes to get some yellow leaves, and they're really not growing well at all. I've got to feed everything again, I didn't till in dolomite like I knew I should, so I'll get that taken care of, otherwise it's really good soil, so it's gotta be the lack of sun, heat and the water. The good news is, my onions are doing well, I pulled about a dozen today and they're awesome, on average they're around baseball sized. I've also finished making 3 global buckets, and have several more to make. I've made cedar boxes to go around them since you can see them from the street. They sit on a wall and I don't like the look of lowes buckets anyway.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Lil'Bravo and I shot today, about 150 on the .40 (ea) and 120 on the AK (ea). I practiced some 1and1 drills, mag changes, did my draw to fire (4 step) drill going slow-mo to focus on basics. Lil'Bravo has a horrible flinching problem.. she was blaming the grips, etc.. I stacked her a 10 rnd mag with 3 snap caps, sure enough the beast shows it's self. I had her dry fire for a few minutes and then come back to live fire, sure enough.... she rang steel every time.

We have a match this coming Sat (USPSA, her first my second)... I told her to dry fire for 30 min each day and she should be good.

I welcome any further advice. Im going to also run her with dual ears next live fire, ear plugs + ear muffs, she might be sonic sensitive.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

finally pooped
    Might wanna practice transitioning between targets so she isn't tempted to swing as she transitions.

Good call on the ball and dummy drills. It's amazing how often that is the root of all problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

I hated seeing a 4" nose dive on the dummy. We re-reviewed follow though too.. Its funny how these little things make such a big difference.
    EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Took my SR1911 and G42 to the range for the first time.
    Amazingly the recoil is not that bad from either.
    decided to buy some night sights for the G42
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Finished another 2 global buckets and their cedar surrounds. Now I've got another 5 maters planted and I'm waiting for it to quit raining daily and nightly so I can get the other 16 tomatoes planted in the raised beds. Another 5 global buckets are in the works for later this week as well.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

We shot USPSA. Some may call it a "game", depends on your MINDSET when your shooting though... Thats my take on it.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Completed all but 2 5gallon buckets in my garden build. The build contains 40 5 gallon buckets and each contains a different vegetable or herb. Much thought has gone into this build since I am attempting a high output for the space that it occupies. If this follows through next year the items that will need to be invested into this system are seeds, egg shells, compost, water and my time. I will also set up another PVC greenhouse in my tiny backyard. that will require ~$70 of an investment.

This garden build should provide an 8 month growing period a gain of 2 months.

My Aquaponics system is also tiny but I have run 4 crops on it. Currently I am restarting for crop #5. The adult tilapia are ~ 12"-14" in size. The next phase is to begin farming the fish.
    http://vid1279.photobucket.com/album...psdjksks17.mp4

For the Love of Cats

I got most of my garden in this weekend, and hopefully be able to 'finish' tonight. Although finish is subjective and I'll probably continue adding things for another month or more.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.