Page 309 of 388 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Nothing really, other than the usual net scrolling..

Doing research on 9mm, *thinking* of switching over... I have plans on getting a G17, once I get a few K rnds down pipe Ill think it over more serious... Modern JHP 9mm "should" do what I need... thats what Im in the mist of researching. Want to load some JHP in 40 first, to give a comparison.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I carry a 40 for self defense, but shoot my 9 more often. I carry a 9mm when I am on my property. I see no reason to not have both.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do you have a robot?
    EB the 9mm of today is very respectable. Will it do the job, absolutely. I have found when you just look at the bullets. Plated bullets are substantially cheaper than 45 cal just because of the weight difference. As to the newer ammunition it is very good, take a look at the Barnes bullets and you will be pleasantly surprised.

This week has been busy already. Spent Tuesday at the range for about three hours and got paid to shoot. Yesterday a bunch of cleanup around the place and restocked the truck. Today taught on the range all day but did not get to shoot much. Start back in in the morning on the outdoor range and should get to shoot a bunch, then hunt in the evening. Saturday teach classroom all day, hunt evening and Sunday morning. I' short on venison so I hope to make out since the weather has changed.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Our deer season does not open till next month.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I completed a build on my first AR-15. It is a PSA lower with PSA lower parts kit and an Anderson upper with a 1:7 twist, chrome lined barrel, 5.56 chamber and flip up iron sights. I hope to get to the local range early next week and get it sighted in. I am excited as this is my first ever AR. Here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia, we have to replace the mag release with a bullet button (mag release requires a tool to release your mag and the tip of a .223 works) and are limited legally to 10 rounds. While some people are using 30 round mags that have been permanently blocked to a max of 10, I picked up five 10 rounders. I don't even want someone to question me and at my age, I don't care if I look cool.

Let me know if you want to find a nice place to settle down here in SW VA, we have no such silly boot licker rules! (Yet....)
    The mountains here are beautiful!

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    busy,busy. i will update here shortly. lots to say. LOL
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    busy,busy. i will update here shortly. lots to say. LOL
    well the update.

health wise, feeling a little better. been busy doing odd-n-ends and pressure washing a few businesses at night, making a little money. got a deal off Craigslist. 3 pressure washers for $75. 2 good pumps and 3 running Honda GVC 160 engines. upgraded 1 of them too 3100 psi.

helping the neighbor kid with his archery skills. bought a Bear Apprentice 2, got a good deal on it. a buddy owns a pawnshop. outfitted it with all the gadgets too make it accurate. i can hold my own at 35 yds. i shoot about an hour a day.

built a target stand, my own design. i was tearing up the target, so i figured a way to minimize/absorb the impact. explain in a different post.

reading about trapping coyotes. having issues with 1 trying to get in the backyard after my girls. can't have that.

garden and honeybees were a bust this year. the plants did well, just nothing to harvest. bad year for bees.

been working more on med supplies. ordered more sutures and the like. putting together a 3rd bag for whatever.

been too hot to do anything in the garage. no woodworking or kydex to speak of. i did hang a ceiling fan, but all it does is move the hot air around.

new tires on the truck.

new ccw. a G27. good little shooter. carries well. now, just waiting on the ZOMBIES! LMAO!

put up some more food storage. was able to hit the BX when they had a sale going on.

about it.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Every day I go to work, I work my ass off... between health insurance, tax, doctor visits, prescriptions, utilities and groceries, there is ZERO money left over. Ive gone week to week (actually I get paid every 2 weeks), and had $8 in the checking account when my paycheck deposits.

Im so sick and tired of living with nothing, nothing to show for it... I dont worship money or possessions.. but Id like for mama to have a car that doesnt break down, put Lil'Bravo though school, etc.. I am 100% disenchanted with the Murican Dream.

So, I am brainstorming ideas for websites that can make me residual income with minimal maintenance.. I will be selling the SERVICE of the website, non-tangible product. Thus I dont have to spend 10 hours a day packing and shipping a product to make a buck.

So I have the idea for 1 service site, actually 2.. I do not wish to put all my eggs in one basket so Id like to have multiple sites offering varied services, if one site dumps out the other 5 will be successful... In concept anyway.

So if you have any ideas let me know.

I actually had the idea for ebay several months before the site went live... Wish that was *ME* that put that together.

I program in ASP.NET with SQL database back end, I build websites from SCRATCH. I dont use software, I use Notepad, Im old school as hell, I was making good money with websites back before the dot com bust, everyone got Front Page, there cropped up a gizillion web host and for me, the bottom fell out... I went from charging $99 a month web hosting and $1,200 to build a site... to not being able to give away my services.

Wish me luck...
    EB

PS
    Dont forget suggestions for service oriented websites... (think: match.com, ebay, craigslist, etc...)
    "AR - America's Rifle"

ElevenBravo, I spent about 5 weeks in Virginia back in the mid-60's. We were visiting my dad's side of the family. I am petty ignorant of Virginia geography but I think it may have been in your part of the world. Dad was from Abingdon (spelling?) while his twin sister and her family lived in Marion. As a California kid, I loved the area, I guess I particularly loved all my cousins friends!

Here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia we do have a bunch of stupid ass laws and a state government controlled by a nothing but liberal democrats. We have not elected a Republican to state-wide office now in 2 general elections. One party rule. I recall when I was in elementary school we were taught that is how it is in the Soviet Union.