Page 31 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    And I sometimes finding myself dreaming of a Chinese invasion to convice my wife that I do, in fact, need ALL the firearms, and that, no, I do not have enough ammo.
    Yep. That's why I've been studying Zhongguo wen for the past several years. I wanna be able to sweet talk myself and family out of a potentially bad situation.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I could have taught you that.

[
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

putting another 1/2 deer in the freezer this week. My buddy couldn't make it out for the weekend so he just went to a local field near our places and picked off a nice buck.

Glad I wasted 2 tanks of gas to go up north and get nothing.

lol

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    putting another 1/2 deer in the freezer this week. My buddy couldn't make it out for the weekend so he just went to a local field near our places and picked off a nice buck.

Glad I wasted 2 tanks of gas to go up north and get nothing.

lol
    LOL As they say... The grass wasn't greener but the experience was worth it.

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    I have been working with Eeyore all week, all month actually with this new sled.... that's our now year old Sicilian donkey. Eeyore has been halter trained since we got him at 4 months, but mid summer I worked him up to a full harness and sled pull set up made out of a small pallet. The theory is once he gets comfortable pulling the sled I can move him up to bearing weight on his back. So far so good....until, today I tried putting a sack of feed on his back and he was NOT, N.O.T. hearing it. LOL. So its back to the sled. I put the feedsack on the sled and he pulled that just fine. Hopefully if I can get Big J home long enough to make me some short poles for the dump wagon....by this summer that little donkey will be earning his keep.
    Made a bunch more soap base all week, got more in now.
    Started harvesting greens out of the hogpanel greenhouse, not bad for 25 degrees out.
    Ordered a mess of protein feed tubs to store and secondary clipped the Muscovy's wings.

I think the dragons myths were large Muscovys...the claws on those things are epic, I have several fresh cuts all about my person to attest.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    today I tried putting a sack of feed on his back and he was NOT, N.O.T. hearing it.
    Whenever you're out with him physically lean across his back yourself. If he is comfortable with you, he shouldn't get so maligned. slowly push down harder and harder over many days, until you can stand beside him with a good portion of your weight on him. Then when you're walking with him pulling the sleigh, do the same thing with one hand... or something in your hand. even just a small blanket to get him used to something on his back. start light, and add weight as he becomes accustomed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    I think the dragons myths were large Muscovys...the claws on those things are epic, I have several fresh cuts all about my person to attest.
    huh?

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    Muscovy ducks. I had to secondary clip their wings this week and the drakes fought like holy hell.

For the Love of Cats

I have a couple of low areas on my property, that get great sunshine, and have easy access to water, but don't have very good soil, and are a little soggy for a good portion of the early summer. I have been building garden boxes to elevate my planting beds, which thus far has been working great. Today at work I scored 4 vane tubes, for next to nothing. They already have a food friendly paint on them, and they're segregated into 'plots'. Now I just have to haul them out, place them an fill them with soil/manure. <-- me

Queen of the Doom Room
    Wow, Sniper! Those are really cool! I can't wait to see what you plant in those!

I'll most likely shit myself

Went and paid a cattle farmer for a calf we got off him. he dropped it at the slaughter house Tuesday, weighed 825lbs. We should be getting a nice chunk of beef in about 2 weeks.
    Got the roof of the chicken coop today. Also got an order in from Midway with some reloading supplies.