Page 32 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Moping around for the most part... :P Preparing to go out on a shopping trip soon... I see beans and rice in the future...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by JustAPrepper View Post
    Wow, Sniper! Those are really cool! I can't wait to see what you plant in those!
    Tx...

I figure one will be dedicated to lettuce and spinach. I figure if I fill two (opposing) slots each week, I should be able to keep a nice rotation going and have fresh all summer.

I'll probably do another one with some kind of tomatoes... because I love tomatoes!

I'm not sure what the others will contain yet... but I have a huge pile of heirloom seeds that I want to ratate through this year.

I also have a bunch of steel brackets made up that I can bolt to the top flange, that will extend up 4 feet, then a quick wrap of chicken wire, and no critter issues!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I set up my new Diamond brand USMC combat tent. review to follow.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Raven's bread recipe got me in the baking mood. In addition to making her recipe I'm back to converting a very old Artisinal white bread recipe to a Whole Wheat recipe. I'm getting closer.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Got in a set Midland FRS/GMRS handhelds and my study guide for my HAM technicians license. See what you've done Stg1?
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 12-02-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: left out a word
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Bought me a big ol' honkin' metal clothes drying rack!!! Supposed to have 75 square feet (or something like that) of drying space. I don't actually have it yet, but I ordered it and it should be here in a few days.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Got in a set Midland FRS/GMRS handhelds and my study guide for my HAM technicians license. See what you've done Stg1?
    My DH has been sitting on this stuff for a year and hasn't done a thing with them...you should come to our house and light a fire under his butt to get him to get his darn license. I do have to say that he is using his GPS out on the properties we've been looking at though and has pretty much mastered how to use a small hand held one instead of the big ones he got spoiled using in the military...he whined long enough while learning though

p.s. he keeps saying it's like using a G.I. Joe GPS...too funny. Big fingers, little buttons LOL!
    Last edited by ladyhk13; 12-03-2011 at 02:20 AM.

I'll most likely shit myself

Grumpy,
    Check out the study guide on this site.

QRZ.COM Practice Amateur Radio Exams

You will have to register first, but they are set up with practice test that rotate thru the question pool until all questions are covered.

I used this site to upgarde to General class. I just study'd until I was consistanly making 80-85% then went and took the test. Let me know if I can help.

Where's the epi?

I bought some more canning jars and lots of lids! Gotta do more chicken!

Queen of the Doom Room
    Got a bunch of tomatoes sliced up and put in the dehydrator.