Page 337 of 389 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have a robot?
    Quote Originally Posted by T70 View Post
    Full time is 16 weeks, tuition is $1,700 and probably another 1k or so for uniforms, books, gunbelt, and all that stuff. Not too bad. I knew it was coming so I saved enough cash to pay for a lot of it and he will keep working part time to help pay the rest.
    Our academy out here is about $6,000 with tuition and equipment so it is not cheap. It would be interesting to see what the Fire academy costs vs the police academy. The environment is pretty shaky to go into law enforcement. My daughter was looking at it but decided to pursue nursing. Just the same everything goes in cycles. The press has really vilified the profession and hopefully in the future that will change. They really have a way of making everything look bad.

I spent three days this week up in the hills teaching a rifle instructor class to a neighboring sheriff's department. As it turns out one of the guys is a resident deputy where my cabin in going in. So hopefully this might work out great to have someone go by and keep an eye on the place. We plan on getting together next month again.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Loaded 250 9 124gn and 250 40 180gn for next weekends USPSA match.

This will be my first match running 9mm, and the G17.4. LilBravo will be running her MP 40.

Also loaded a few 223.

Im about tapped out on primers and rifle powder.

EB

I put my truck first aid kit to use the other day for a knife wound. a friend cut down to the bone with a filet knife while cutting up fish. I also learned that medical tape is very handy. Check your kits people!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Gunner, I hope you had gloves in your kit, BBP is more common than you THINK, plus there are plenty that carry and dont know it, friend or not, family or not... I do not make contact with another person's blood. Period.

On to my golden find... a LGS has a respectable reloading supply section and am told it will be growing! I secured 2K SPP, *FINALLY*! They had PLENTY of primers and powder, Ill be back each payday for a pack or this or jug of that, a little over time adds up to be the reserve you want.

Need to order bullets too... I have a decent amount of brass..

Going to shoot USPSA tomorrow with Lil'Bravo (who is sick), cant wait to shoot my G17.4! Its a sweet pistol on the range with 10" plates, I hope to do well with it tomorrow. Its bone stock but Ill enter Limited Minor so I can run full mags (as opposed to 10 rnd mags in Production). Im competing against myself and working to better MY skills so if I dont finish well, thats okay by me.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

of course i have gloves. Im not Magic Johnson, i wont survive aids

finally pooped
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnermax View Post
    I put my truck first aid kit to use the other day for a knife wound. a friend cut down to the bone with a filet knife while cutting up fish. I also learned that medical tape is very handy. Check your kits people!
    When talking about medical tape, which kind do you mean? There is paper, cotton, nylon, and probably a few other obscure ones. I ask because the only kind that really sticks to me is the nylon and the adhesive on the paper type actually melts my skin.

I just ordered in 3 boxes of the self adhering compressing bandage. The type they use when they draw blood. My medical supplies just got bumped up a ton because of my back injury. So I got a ton of silver dressings, tagaderms, gauze, gloves and all types of tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

I have nylon. Paper tape around blood doesnt even sound like a good idea

finally pooped
    Well the paper tape is really cheap and all it does is hold gauze in place. It's one of the most used types of tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Been germinating and replanting the germinated seeds. It has been an effort that I hope will pay off.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Do you have a robot?
    Planted the tomatoes this week. Tomorrow I am going to plant the rest of the garden.

Finally got off my rear end and ordered everything I need for the mountain bikes, tires, tubes, lights as well as a rack which will hold about 125 lbs and a folding basket for the rear rack. The wife has said she wants to become more active so I figured it was a way to justify buying everything. I am looking at getting some panniers for each of the bikes.

Took the jeep in to have some work done on it. The wife wanted to get rid of it but since then her car has been acting up and it gave me an excuse to keep it as an extra vehicle. Since it is paid off she couldn't complain. I told the mechanic I wasn't in a hurry, he is a friend who does great work. He will be keeping it at his shop for the time being. As I get more money I will be having him do more work. So when it comes back it should make a good all around vehicle.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.