Page 368 of 389 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

This year I planted 6 stalks of Silver Queen Corn. Ears are starting to form and it looks like there are about 13 ears so far. I planted 8 Okra plans and have just started to harvest some. They should continue to produce until late September or first frost. I bought another 10/22 (#5), and bought a case of LC M193 for $240 after $50 rebate. I must admit it is a bitch to cut to 50 UPC's off of perfectly good boxes.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Though I have been away from the site for a bit due to a busy schedule, we continue to be at work. Rotated some stored gasoline into vehcicles and replaced with fresh gas and stabilizer. Drinking water was rotated out and replaced with fresh water/chlorine. I added a little more water storage and feel that we are good for a solid 6 weeks, after that we couldl be getting thirsty!

Garden harvests have been on the lower side this year, due to what was planted. Anyone know of a good way to put eggplant away?

The local bear and racoon population are taking a toll on our fruit trees. We are keeping a close watch on the apples (Fuji variety) and will make one or two large harvests on them as soon as they are ready and will can, dehydrate as much as possible. Two years ago a bear cub got up into the tree and destroyed a good portion of it by breaking limbs.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Went to Anchorage, Alaska this last weekend. 4 Days with 6 hours of sleep. Went salmon fishing and kayaking along a glacier. Lotta walking and scouting out possibilities. (Between you and me) Wanna move there.

Little vid of the run down

https://www.facebook.com/vodin/video...Iw&pnref=story
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

may be in trouble

Finally broke down and got a Costco membership... and HOLY $#|+ !!!!!!!!!!!!! I wondered about how I was gonna deal with beans n rice...

I'll most likely shit myself

Vodin, I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your trip! LOL

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Canned meats, rotated food, bought a little more ammo, cleaned pantry, finished deck roof and about to sell myself some gutters for the deck for water collection.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Walking on Sunshine

Went to an estate sale and snagged me not one but TWO US Army wool blankets. They have the medical symbol in the middle of the blanket and U S on either side of it. They may or may not be from the Korean war, at least from what the person running the sale told me that the gentleman who passed had been in the Korean war. Had a lot of bits and pieces from that era but nothing I could use, a lot of chochkies. Got to have them dry cleaned but they are all virgin wool in excellent condition, no holes.

Bacon saver

Snagged a great deal on our classifieds, ammo and mags. Thanks STG1(SW) Ret!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Glad to have been able to help.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Vodin, I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your trip! LOL
    . Alaska is constantly calling out my name. I must go…