Page 370 of 388 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you have change for a canned bacon?

+1 on Freckleface.com for Gamma seals and buckets in quantity.
    Just recently I bought 4 green buckets and matching Gamma seals fromhttps://pleasanthillgrain.com/preparedness/buckets-lids for another project.
    Also remember that it is not necessary to put a Gamma lid on each bucket. Ideally you would want them I only on buckets you are using. When you finish off a Gamma sealed bucket of beans, you can just open the next bucket of beans that was sealed with a much cheaper single use lid, and shift the contents to the bucket with the gamma lid. I have NOT been successful at removing a gamma seal ring from a bucket. They are built to last.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

may be in trouble

Got a local source... not THE cheapest per unit, but I can pick them up, and reduce shipping worries. And while it does sound as though a sound notion in execution, I'm going with anything that needs sealing will be gamma'ed, in case I can't find a bucket wrench. (Got three of the damn things floating around.)

96 aawu

Kesephist

KI7CIL

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Got a local source... not THE cheapest per unit, but I can pick them up, and reduce shipping worries. And while it does sound as though a sound notion in execution, I'm going with anything that needs sealing will be gamma'ed, in case I can't find a bucket wrench. (Got three of the damn things floating around.)

96 aawu

Kesephist

KI7CIL

if you need to get into a long term storage bucket - good chance a serious SHTF is afoot - last thing to worry about is a bucket lid lifter - that's what a hatchet is for ....

may be in trouble

96 aawu

Kesephist

KI7CIL
    Quote Originally Posted by "Illini Warrior'
    if you need to get into a long term storage bucket - good chance a serious SHTF is afoot - last thing to worry about is a bucket lid lifter - that's what a hatchet is for ....
    Hatchet, machete, and 14" channel lock pliers, all in the kit

95 aawu

Kesephist

KI7CIL.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Wifey just reminded me that we recently saw white Gamma Seal lids in our local Lowes. The price was $7.28 each.
    THAT is cheaper than just about every where else.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    Wifey just reminded me that we recently saw white Gamma Seal lids in our local Lowes. The price was $7.28 each.
    THAT is cheaper than just about every where else.

you don't have the Menards chain out East - but they started carrying both the Gamma lids and certified food grade buckets - big sellers for them ....

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Started to make Mead in the most Natural of manors as possible. Got 2 (1) gallon jugs brewing. Gotta love having some home made brew on hand and the knowledge of how to get more!
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

I'll most likely shit myself

How about a thread for that Vodin? I'd love to hear what you have went and done!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Scored some hypothermia kits from a medic group, think pocket warmers, but human sized!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Scored some hypothermia kits from a medic group, think pocket warmers, but human sized!
    I like body mittens.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.