Page 379 of 389 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Walking on Sunshine

Got a lesson last night. I have to wear glass lenses and metal frames due to allergy to acrylics and some plastics. No contacts for me . Last night my right lens fell out and shattered. Had to go to the ophthalmologist this am to see if I could get a replacement fast as we are leaving to go south next week. They are going to try to expedite this for me but I have a pair that is about 5 yrs old that the doc said I can use. I need them for distance (driving, watching TV). Good thing DH hadn't taken the 4-5 old ones we have to the Lions yet. SO he's put a pair of his old ones in his ditty bag, "just in case" . So if anybody has glasses and other appliances keep a spare on hand. One never know when stuff will happen. But then I think most everybody knows this.

I'll most likely shit myself

The wife never gets rid of a pair, She has them scattered all over the house. Never know when your gonna break a pair and need something else.

Walking on Sunshine

Ain't that the truth.

I'll most likely shit myself

Last couple weeks I've spent my Saturdays working on my Concord grapevines. I hadn't worked in them in the last 3 years. The damn honeysuckles had ran wild. I've almost got one row cleaned out, just 2-3 roots left to dig out. Got that row of grapes pruned and ready to grow. Once I get them cleaned out, gonna mulch them deep and hope to slow down the growth of everything else. Either that or just let grass grow and weed eat around the vines.
    Soon as that row is done I'll get started with the muscadines.

Bacon saver

Can say it's anything you can prepare for.........my daughter got married. He's in the Army, deploying in APR. She'll be close by up at Ft. Campbell. 101st Airborne.......nuff said. I've known the lad since they were both in junior high. He's...they are just gettin started. This is something ya can't prep for. So we have been helpin those two out mentally and physically as well.

My kid's growing up..........it hasn't sunk in yet.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Do you have a robot?
    Katrina
    The is off subject, but I highly recommend you replace your glasses with shatterproof ones.

Okay so what is going one this week. I've been brushing up on my land nav skills. I got with a group of people last week to go get some tutoring. My GPS was in need of updating so I bought a new Gamin 401, a new Cammenga compass and some map tools. I bought some freeze dried food, I have a goal of what I want to be met by the end of the year. My Petzl headlamp finally gave up and died after about 12 years of hard use so I bought another one.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Walking on Sunshine

realist, I would love to get shatterproof lenses. How ever they are usually made of acrylics or plastics. For some reason I am allergic to acrylics and some plastics. I also react when I wear clothing made of 100% acrylics. Makes it tough to find clothing at times.

Do you have a robot?
    In our state it is illegal to prescribe "glass" glasses to first responders. They all have to be shatter proof. I would think you might be able to find out what you are allergic to. I would ask your doctor, then go from there. I swear by them, they have saved my sight three times. Two separate time mine had divots from being hit by objects during fights. The last was from a flash fire which actually bubbled the lens.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks realist, Will talk to my Reg. Doc to see if there's an allergy test for plastics/acrylics and see what exactly I maybe allergic to. I know they can test for sulfites, yes I'm allergic. Scared the tech administrating the test, my throat started to close up and I was breaking out in hives about 10 minutes into the test. Can only have 1-2 beers or wine before I start to itch and the nose plugs up. Hard stuff doesn't bother me. Per my hubby I'm NOT a cheap date LOL.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Last couple weeks I've spent my Saturdays working on my Concord grapevines. I hadn't worked in them in the last 3 years. The damn honeysuckles had ran wild. I've almost got one row cleaned out, just 2-3 roots left to dig out. Got that row of grapes pruned and ready to grow. Once I get them cleaned out, gonna mulch them deep and hope to slow down the growth of everything else. Either that or just let grass grow and weed eat around the vines.
    Soon as that row is done I'll get started with the muscadines.
    Easy peasy. Lay down heavy gauge opaque black plastic... either in strips or wide sheet with holes for the vines. trapped heat and lack of light will take care of the weeds. Saw grandpa Lawrence do this in his garden, using lath and sideslit contractor garbage bags.

Anyone know how big the rootball of a grape vine is? was wondering if bucket planting would work with larger than 5 gallon buckets... but much larger... a thought...