Page 384 of 389 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Walking on Sunshine

Went to my "natural,organic" store today for a couple of things I can only get there. Store is out of wheat berries and my friend (clerk) told me they aren't getting any more in.She also told me it's getting weird, she's seeing a LOT of new faces grabbing supplies. The locusts have hit there too. Was able to get DH's low carb bread they make there and a couple of other items that I needed.Other than than we're just hunkering down as we are good for awhile.
    Talked to Son1 yesterday and he is being told no work till June and maybe not till August.We told him we're not going to be coming down end of this month as we had planned because of the virus.Grands will be disappointed but they understand Gaga and Grandpa want to be safe. So I have to mail the little ones presents to her. She is SOOO into Princess Aurora(Sleeping Beauty) now. Goes around saying Oh I pricked my finger on a spindle,I'm asleep and flops down. Daddy has to give her a kiss to wake her up AND he is getting the two older ones for the duration the school is out or April 5th? which ever comes first. The ex said they're about ready to kill each other so she's shipping them off to dad for him to deal with. They live in an isolated area, 20 miles outside of the town so no friends around. I guess they've been getting on each others nerves and she doesn't want to deal with it. Personally, I think they are doing it deliberately, LOL. They are about 20 miles outside town, there's no friends and nothing to do AND they wanted to go to Dad's anyways.

i haven't done much on prepping this month from staying home as much as possible. did my primary shopping on the 6th.in which i bought a lil extra food then usual. that put me a lil short on shopping funds.but yet.i at least have food n water.been reorganizing my canned foods.beans.refilled 6-1 galon jugs and a 5 gallon jug at a water dispenser at the local food store.ii still need more water thoe.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I am stuck down in Guyana South American for a unknown amount of time, thousands of miles away from all my preps. But at least the family is well stocked up. Hopefully I can get home in the next few months.

At least so far down here, things seem calm. No shortages of anything (at least out of the norm). Went to the go cart track today and ate hot wings and had a few coronas. Work is getting slow because there are not flight into the country now. So the people offshore are going to be there till this stuff clears up, so my work load should be pretty easy. Just sucks not having access to all my guns, knives, supplies. I do have a water purification straw here, and one crappy knife. but that is all.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I am stuck down in Guyana South American for a unknown amount of time, thousands of miles away from all my preps. But at least the family is well stocked up. Hopefully I can get home in the next few months.

At least so far down here, things seem calm. No shortages of anything (at least out of the norm). Went to the go cart track today and ate hot wings and had a few coronas. Work is getting slow because there are not flight into the country now. So the people offshore are going to be there till this stuff clears up, so my work load should be pretty easy. Just sucks not having access to all my guns, knives, supplies. I do have a water purification straw here, and one crappy knife. but that is all.

Yikes, it's nutty up here in TX. hope your family is doing alright in your absence.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Yikes, it's nutty up here in TX. hope your family is doing alright in your absence.
    Thanks, yes they are doing fine. They have everything they need for a long time. My wife is wanting to get rabbits again because of this, but we already have so much food. Just wish I was there.

For the Love of Cats

ouch, that's crappy timing Helo... stay safe!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Good thoughts and prayers to all of you and your loved ones.

Have any of you grown or are growing microgreens?
    It is a perpetual garden of tasty greens that have massive amounts of healthy nutrients.

We used to do this before and have now started again due to the present circumstances. I start a tray every 3-4 days and have a total of 4 trays in my current system. I will be moving it out to the garage soon and then I can increase to 8 trays, I am limited due to only 4 grow lights.

Pea shoots cracking open

Same Pea shoots 5 hours later.

5 more days to the dinner table
    The future belongs to those who prepare for it.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The only time one should “fight fair” is when one is engaged in play.

For the Love of Cats

Hey Metro,

how about throwing some more detail up in a thread in the garden section.

I know I'd like to see/hear much more detail on whatcha got going on...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Metro, so would I. That looks very interesting. But I have no knowledge of this at all.

Helo, hope you get back here soon. That would suck gettin caught outside the country. Prayers for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ouch, that's crappy timing Helo... stay safe!
    Yeah, been preparing for some crap like this for decades and I go out the country for 2 months and this shit happens. I think it will be okay. Probably be stuck here a few months, then get home. At least I hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Metro, so would I. That looks very interesting. But I have no knowledge of this at all.

Helo, hope you get back here soon. That would suck gettin caught outside the country. Prayers for you and your family.
    I think it is going better here than in the states, haven't had any issues getting stuff, even when to the go cart track yesterday and had hot wings and corona. Just wish I was home to help the family.