Page 385 of 389 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Walking on Sunshine

helo hoping you get home soon. Been crazy here. Gov. shut everything down til after Easter so told the family to stay put this year. Grands are not happy they can't come to Grandma& Grandpas and hunt eggs but they understand it's to keep us oldies safe. Went to store to pick up DH's scripts during the "senior" time, Doc changed a few. BRR, lady you'll get a kick out of this, got yelled at by old lady, said I was too young to shop then. Had to whip out the DL and Birth cert(yes I carry a copy) to prove I'm 65. Her hubby (after he kinda hollered at her) said I must have some really good genes. Told him Yup and I have a really good pair of slacks at home too(ala Groucho Marx). Got everyone laughing. They are rationing a lot of stuff now, milk, produce. My friend who works at the natural store told me to come to their senior hour as they do have a good bit of fresh produce and fruit, so it's off to the store to see if I can pick up some squash, celery, tomatoes, etc.Geez I can't wait til I can get the garden going this year. I hope you are all safe.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

The bad part is that if the government finds out you have a fever they will force you into a government quarantine. There is no self quarantine allowed here, so we all went and got thermometers and if we get a fever we are going to stay in the house and not tell anyone. No way am I going to a government quarantine in a shit hole country.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Hi Guys, I'll get to that intro of microgreens. In the meanwhile, there are quite a few YouTube channels that teach you from start to finish. Here's a link to a guy I've been following for a while.
    https://youtu.be/blBwFvAghTs
    The future belongs to those who prepare for it.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The only time one should “fight fair” is when one is engaged in play.

I'll most likely shit myself

Looking forward to what you have. I'll go thru the YouTube vid in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrocruiser View Post
    Hi Guys, I'll get to that intro of microgreens. In the meanwhile, there are quite a few YouTube channels that teach you from start to finish. Here's a link to a guy I've been following for a while.
    https://youtu.be/blBwFvAghTs
    Hi guys,

Here is the intro to Microgreens.
    https://www.shtfready.com/threads/57...ery-nutritious
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

In the last few weeks not much we have done in terms of prepping. Being in the group that is supposedly more at risk, over 60 and I have a history of bronchitis, we have pretty much stayed home. Wife made a few trips over to take food to her father who is in his 90's. During our first week of house arrest I made a trip to the market during 'senior hour' and got a few fresh veggies and milk. Picked up a case of wine and some bourbon. Otherwise, just being at home, doing our normal stuff. Fruit trees are looking good, blueberries are set and looking nice, though still very green.

Had a moderate earthquake, 4.9, last night centered about a 90 miles away. Now if THE BIG ONE, hits the greater Los Angeles area we can really expect the SHTF. Since we have moderate runs on some items like toilet paper right now, I can see folks really go bat shit crazy if the supply chain were to be even moderately disrupted.

I'll most likely shit myself

I've been working from home for the last 3 weeks. As of right now April 26th is the earliest I'll be going back to the lab. In the afternoons when I finish with work I've been getting the garden ready, planting a few things, Grubbing some brush I intended to clear out over the winter. Being sick for 3 months ruined that. I won't get done with what I planned until next fall/winter, but I am hitting a couple areas hard, one around one of my garden spots, The other along one side of some of my blueberry bushes.
    All my blueberries are in full bloom/starting to set fruit. Looks like it's gonna be a good harvest. Apple trees, pears, and pawpaws are all blooming.
    Got my garden spots worked up with the tractor, tilled one in full and enough to plant taters in the other spot. Hopefully it don't rain before Monday night. Gonna plant cucmbers, okra, taters, and some squash. I've got tomatos and peppers I need to transplant to begger pots. it's too early to put them out yet.

Hey all, I've been hardening my property to make it allow me more time if some one wants to kick in our doors. We have designated a room we should all go to if someone does intrude upon us.

As well I lost round one with the birds last fall and the got every last grass seed. I will not donate to them this spring. Gonna setup a 1/2" net over the lawn. Got a 700 sqft roll.
    My fence ties are all rotten around my garden so I've been trying hard to get my son's to help me with this and picking weeds. I'm not successful when I'm actually working myself as they turn into ninjas and disappear when I'm distracted.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have a stash/cache of food items and some medicines, spare clothes...at work in a locker...

I have been restocking with fresh stock...and also some extra items.

IN this locker I also have a couple of cans of sterno fuel which I need to replace. Hope to get this fuel this coming weekend and take it in to work.

Something is telling me....a tingling sense...to get updated between now and the coming election.

I am concerned about two legged wildlife running amok in this country between now and the election.....

Chaos seems to becoming more and more an operational position/standard of the left in this country. If they cannot get their way/entitlement...on the public purse....they will resort to chaos....

Nonetheless...with this in mind..I am updating my stocks ..should it become unsafe to go home after work.
    This also complicated by the virus...and I am not sure this virus business will be over soon.....that it may become necessary to keep it going until the election to keep the public disgruntled..and effect the vote...the blame game.

Two legged Ishmaelite wildlife...run amok.

I hate two legged wildlife...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

Made a special effort yesterday to go out and about in locating some Sterno fuel to replace older stocks in my locker at work.

Found and purchased two 2 packs of Sterno fuel...total four cans and will be taking them to work for my locker when next week starts.

Also I have decided to attempt to stay out of Wal Mart as much as possible and take my monies elsewhere.

It is just that Wall Mart tends to be crowded....and I don't like standing in lines anymore than necessary..even in good times.

Lots of other places to shop...not just Wall Mart.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom