Page 40 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

Lady... you should start a thread about your new place, and update it as you go along.

I pulled out the sawzall, and cut up all the leftover bones from my deer. got 3 crates of yummies for my dog.

I'll most likely shit myself

I picked up a feeder similar to the one Helomech had in his thread. They just opened a new Academy sports store a few miles from here. Their having some good sales right now. The feeder is suppose to hold 330# of feed, got it for $80.

Do you have a robot?
    Tilled the garden, got all the weeds out and leveled it for planting. Other than being cold, for us, in the mid 30s it was like a nice spring day. Painted the pump house and shed with another coat of primer.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    As we used to say in the Army ; We can move heaven and earth just stand clear.
    Just remember to respect that dozer because it can injure or kill you if you get in on the wrong slope ; incline or decline.
    Well we have to find one first and then my DH will have to "allow" me to drive the thing. My luck he'll hog it all and I'll be stuck with the Kabota all the time. Guess I'll have to fight for what I want, huh?
    We'll have to look for a 4WD truck of some sort (we have a Suburban now but need something with ass to pull), maybe a travel trailer to park out there so we have a place to stay while we're out there....so much money now to spend...oh my!

Might take me a little while to post my thread since we're going to have to walk the whole border and DH is a stickler for details so there is a lot of stuff he'll want to do before even getting down to work! LOL....men!

Time spent planning things out now will translate to fewer " i wish i had done things differently" later. We thought we had planned our house pretty well and layed out what we wanted where when we built. Looking back we should have slowed down and planned things out better. We know better for next time now.
    Enjoy your walk it's gonna be sweet.

For the Love of Cats

Take a camera with you on your walks... or better yet take two! You'll each see things differently, and having lots of pics will help you decide what you're going to do in the future.

Seem silly? when I bought my place, this is what my wife and I did. One area that I saw as nothing but brush, and wanted to till over, she took pictures of, and checked it out. Turns out they were all immature plum trees.

The money spent now, is merely an investment into the rest of your life. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by Sniper-T; 12-16-2011 at 01:05 PM.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Well we have to find one first and then my DH will have to "allow" me to drive the thing. My luck he'll hog it all and I'll be stuck with the Kabota all the time. Guess I'll have to fight for what I want, huh?
    We'll have to look for a 4WD truck of some sort (we have a Suburban now but need something with ass to pull), maybe a travel trailer to park out there so we have a place to stay while we're out there....so much money now to spend...oh my!

Might take me a little while to post my thread since we're going to have to walk the whole border and DH is a stickler for details so there is a lot of stuff he'll want to do before even getting down to work! LOL....men!

If you can find one with a tilt blade worked from the operators seat at a good price it would be worth checking out. It affords you more possibilities when operating.

I would also recommend a couple notebooks and writing utensils. Make drawings. Of potential roads or trails. Location for geurilla gardens. Or just notes on location of trees, building sites, directions , sun location at certain times during season.
    Also get a couple rolls of survey tape to mark stuff with. Number them and make notes in the book as to where and where.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 12-16-2011 at 11:27 PM.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I would also recommend a couple notebooks and writing utensils. Make drawings. Of potential roads or trails. Location for gurilla gardens. Or just notes on location of trees, building sites directions , sun location at certain times during season.
    Alos get ac couple rolls of survey tape to mark stuff with. Number them and make note in the book as to where and where.
    Everything as stated above and maybe Google earth or some other satellite imaging to get an overview of your property and building ; garden ; animal set ups.
    Last edited by eagle326; 12-17-2011 at 02:38 AM.

I went and picked up our beef from the slaughter house. We now have about a half freezer full of meat.