Page 44 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Picked up 250 rounds of 45 ACP at the local gun show this weekend for $75.00, was the last they had. Still on the lookout for some surplus 7.62x39 thats cheaply priced. Also picked up a holster for the DW for her LadySmith. Its a interesting model that uses heavy duty magnets to hold it closed on the belt. I tried it on then tried about everything to yank this sucker off and it wont come off, but if I do it very deliberately, it comes off easy peasy. . . Must be too much Mongo Smash in my diet. . .

For the Love of Cats

still working on the reno's... and working on an updated inventory of existing preps...

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Put together a chest rig based off a Tactical Tailor MAV chest rig. It's going to ride in the trunk of my car and contains a bunch of pouches for gear as opposed to being oriented towards "fighting". It is replacing the BOB I had in the trunk.

More details to follow in an upcoming thread.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

I'm thinking out a different fighting rig, should it ever be needed. Some of my weapons have changed since I set my old one up. Figure It's time to fix it up right and get a load out put together.

Also picked up a new day pack, gonna set it up for a second GHB for the truck, I have a good Mountiansmith butt pack in the car for GHB.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Put together a chest rig based off a Tactical Tailor MAV chest rig. It's going to ride in the trunk of my car and contains a bunch of pouches for gear as opposed to being oriented towards "fighting". It is replacing the BOB I had in the trunk.

More details to follow in an upcoming thread.
    Stig, don't get me wrong I like the idea....I just feel it advertises that your equipped/prepared. You won't just be shuffling along with the crowd in a full rig. The pack/GHB is more evasive as to what you are carrying. If you do go that route, I'd max out ammo and maybe even throw in a short shotty.

Oh yeah...I picked up 10 lbs of sugar and salt. A few assorted can goods also.
    Last edited by LUNCHBOX; 01-11-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Hit the grocery store for the buy on get one free sale on canned goods, and ended up with lots more. Amazing how all those cans of food just jump off the shelf into my cart.
    Also hit the local drug store and picked up lots of additional first aid suplpies: bandages, wipes, lotions, ointments.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Cleaned out the Commander (this is a feat in and of itself)

Oraganied all the emergency supplies in back of said Commander

Made tie-downs for said gear in back of said Commander

Put together first aid/ trauma kit for said Commander, Strapped down with aforementioned tie downs created for said Commander............

Have I said enough?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Canned a bunch of chicken, bottled a bunch of water, and now I'm getting ready to can a bunch of spaghetti sauce.

I'll most likely shit myself

Na izzy! I think you need to go on awhile.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by mollypup View Post
    Canned a bunch of chicken, bottled a bunch of water, and now I'm getting ready to can a bunch of spaghetti sauce.
    I would like to know what everyone does with the water they put in the used soda bottles??? How long do they stay good? Isn't it easier to buy a Katydine (sp) filter instead of storing all those 2 liter bottles that could leak? Just wondering. I bought several gallon jugs of drinking water and had them stored in a temp controlled room and they leaked all over the place so I'm really leary about storing water in the house. Maybe once we get a basement I would buy cases of bottled water and just stack them or something since they probably would have a longer shelf life than tap water. Thoughts?