Page 67 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

GunnerMax
    Volunteered for Riverine School, which is 60 days of USMC training. I hope to get some good skills while there to include: patrolling, map reading/plotting, survival, and urban combat.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Picked up 1000+ more 22lr. More beans and rice, a few cans of Spam also. Bought Work In Progress (wife) a new 16 quart canning pot. Another case of Surefire 123's.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

A laugh a minute
    changed berkey filters, pruned and fertilized peach trees. Have to make a oil and dishsoap wash for them. Some have sour sap. Cleaned cabin, brought in all traps. Now have to change battery,s in all secerty systems.

For the Love of Cats

Picked up 40 pounds of misc rice yesterday

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMax View Post
    Volunteered for Riverine School, which is 60 days of USMC training. I hope to get some good skills while there to include: patrolling, map reading/plotting, survival, and urban combat.
    You will totally love it!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

More ammo, and started shopping for a decently priced .357 so i can practice, and get ready for the TX CHL instructor class, whenever they assign me a class date. I don't own a qualified revolver that I can take the test with, so I gotta buy one. Maybe a 3 1/2 - 4" taurus or something, I dunno.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

A laugh a minute
    Well not really prepping but it helps us somewhat for when we get back. I made two rows by hand with a hoe. ( no Jokes please. I hate using that word.) in the garden. Our tractor is down for repairs and the ground is extremely rocky. fertilized the peach tree's. Dug up and replanted some wild flowers to make the place look prettier when I get back. They should be in full bloom. My everything hurts now. From the toe nails to the hair roots.

I'll most likely shit myself

Tilled part of the garden when I got home from work ( the ground was still pretty wet in places, but I was able to work it enough to plant 4 rows of potatoes tonight. 3 rows of Kennebec's and 1 row of Red Pontiac's. I'll keep working the ground and plant my onions, leeks, lettuce, strawberries, & ruhbarb. We have a lot of sauerkraut canned so we decided not to plant any cabbage this year.

Walking on Sunshine

Duh hubs trimmed the apple trees. We've started to plot out garden.

Finally got a hand-crank grain mill. Not a great one, but I don't plan on grinding a lot at one time. My plans are to grind just enough to use when I need it. this is it: Amazon.com: Victorio VKP1012 Hand Operated Grain Mill: Kitchen & Dining

It says it will grind rice. I have lots of rice so I guess I need to experiment and learn how to make bread out of rice flour.

Also got 3 sets of razor scooter wheels and will get more next month.
    Canned 13 pints of chicken last weekend.