Page 74 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    I wonder if I can take my Beef A Roni and dehydrate it????? Hmmmmm.
    I don't see why not, it would be no different than me dehydrating a pan of lasagne!

hmmmm....

For the Love of Cats

I mapped out all my raised planters, set out my garden plan, and got 3 mini-greenhouses of seeds started:
    Windowsill Greenhouse 24-5042 at The Home Depot

Also planted some Wintercress, and a whack of lettuce and spinach (indoors)

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

picked up 200 rounds of .22 Magnum

worked in the garden....a lot.....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

what's .22 Mag going for down there Iz?

Today I weeded my garden area and turned all my raised beds (all by hand with just me and a shovel OMG!) I think I'm almost ready to plant some of my starters plus I bought 8 tomato plants and 8 strawberry plants. I think this week I'm going to put in my cuke and squash seeds too. I haven't really decided what to grow this year so I'm gonna wing it.
    I'm right there with ya Ladyhk13! I poured over all my gardening books and magazines trying to find a raised bed garden plan and eventually I just went with some of the seeds I had. So, yesterday me and hubbs put in the 2nd garden bed and rowed up the old garden. He planted corn in the old garden and I planted some lettuce in between the corn on a couple of rows. In one raised bed I planted Kentucky Brown pole beans, broccoli, cabbage and beets. I have absolutely no idea if I planted the right stuff or not, only time will tell. I'm still trying to decide what to plant in the other raised bed. This gardening stuff forces a person to make a LOT of decisions!!!!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Had military obligations since last wednesday, so havent had the chance to really do anything to prep. "Although". . . 5 unopened cases of heater meals didnt get packed up and somehow ended up by the dumpster which I "liberated", so I guess that could count!

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Planted potato eyes today, am starting to harden off my asparagus, artichoke and the peppercini (they are just coming up). Will probably put the asparagus and artichoke in the ground later this week. Waiting for the rest of my seeds to come up....patiently. I didn't start any tomato so I'm going to buy the plants, Lowe's has heirlooms so just as easy to get them.
    I weeded the garden area, sprayed the weeds there and then spread Preen. Oh yeah, I also dug out the area in front of the fence door so it would open all the way...for some reason dirt had piled up and I had to squeeze through so now I can open the gate all the way! Yahoo!
    My German garlic that my dad packed up for me just before he died is coming up beautifully. It makes me want to cry every time I look at them. He would be so proud that I didn't kill them. I am so glad that his wife sent me the package. It's bitter sweet to see them out there.
    I also am working on an experiment with eggs. I want to see how long fresh chicken eggs can last. I have 3 that I left just as my sister sent them (I think she washed them so they may not have the mother's natural protective coating on them anymore), I have 3 that I covered in lard. Those I put in an egg crate and put them on the counter. Then I took 3 more and put lard on 2, left one natural. Those I put in glass containers with "liquid glass" and will leave them for I guess at least a month after the ones in the crate go bad. This is just an experiment so if any of you have done this before I would appreciate your input.
    Just found this on preserving eggs but I think that you really should use eggs directly from the chicken and not store bought eggs because they have been washed and no telling how old they really are. But everywhere I look they say use mineral oil but be careful they do not have cracks in them or any imperfections at all. Hope this helps.

MORE Tips for Preserving Eggs |

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    what's .22 Mag going for down there Iz?
    Average of about $10+ tax per box of 50
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Spent a bunch of time in the garden. I planted Annual ryegrass last fall and it grew a lot thru the winter and this spring. It was almost knee high before it got dry enough to plow under. It's taking a while to get it cut up with the disc. It's starting to breakdown some, but should be in good shape in another week or two.
    On a separate note, my winter wheat is doing great. I'll try and get a pic up next time I'm out.

For the Love of Cats

???

you plant rye... just toplow it under?

Just for mulch?

I`m so confused