Page 81 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

A laugh a minute
    cleaned room, did research on stuff, and now watching Tony Stewart race.
    Last edited by Taz Baby; 04-15-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Walking on Sunshine

Putting pantry back together!! Will try to post pix when done

Bacon saver

"Procured" Added to our communications equipment. I am trying to get all we need to set up a base station for the new "ranch" So far things have gone quite well. Spent most of my efforts in laughs, gas and labor. Yesterday I was blessed by my bro-in-law he gave me this for my minor gunsmithing efforts that I provide for him. Ain't he sweet? It's supposed to be a heck of a rig. Time will tell, needs a few more things to power it up and talk on though. But it was a good day................after it was over..................

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Be safe................the night is your friend

I'll most likely shit myself

BRR on the other thread you mentioned wanting a power supply and mentioned Astron's. They are great PS's. I have 2 old RS-20s here at the house. I have started using a Alinco DVM-330 for my home station. We also bought one for the EmComm group. During events we operated at we would run a many as 3 radios and a TNC off of one. None of the radios were running full power. Here's a link.

DM-330MV/DM-330MVE Detail information

They are rated at 30amps, but actually put out closer to 32. The main selling point to me was that Alinco had built in a circuit to protect the equipment connected if the supply toasted. None of the low to mid price supplies have this, as I understand it.

I am working on a full ham, MLS, GMRS comms system to store in a faraday cage. I'll be putting a DVM-330 in it to power everything. Current prices are under $200 most places. I paid $179 a few years ago for mine. Heres one $10 better than that. Giga parts is a reputable dealer as well.

ALINCO DM-330MVT - RADIOS>POWER>BASE STATION POWER SUPPLIES>SWITCHING POWER SUPPLIES>VARIABLE VOLTAGE

For the Love of Cats

Nothing!

With all the chaos surrounding the cleaning/teardown from the fire, I've done absolutely nothing!

Well, except make a happy wife, in that all the Spring cleaning is done!

Bought this-- Portable Solar and USB Charger Deal of the Day | Groupon Abilene, TX

I hope it works better than the Solio I tried a few years ago. Couldn't pass it up for that price. Also paid off another big chunk of our credit card debt, added to our savings, and still working on the cleaning out the basement. Bought a lot of canned food this week. I don't think I will have to buy canned chili for years now, which can only mean that I will start to hate chili very soon.

Suffered a setback with selling my daughter's old clothes. Instead of buying silver or putting it in her savings, "we" have decided on pink cowgirl boots from Farm and Fleet. I have another batch of stuff to take to the shop, so maybe next time.

A laugh a minute
    The count down begins this week. We leave Friday Back to off grid living, and I am getting everything ready. Today I got all my downloads on laptop, and desktop computer is getting a overhaul. Bought a propane fridge, and Tuesday buying a wood burning stove for the new house. Harbor freight had solar rope lights on sale so we bought all the store had. Have to go to another store to get all they have too, You can NEVER have to many solar things.

I'll most likely shit myself

We ran a small scale bug out Wed. Well a major portion of a dry run at one anyway. I'm gonna start a thread & post up what we did and the results. I should have that out sometime Monday. Other than that just chillin out for a few days.

For the Love of Cats

Currently dehydrating a batch of spaghetti sauce, and making a double batch of veggie soup, most of which I will can for my work drinks (I want to cut back on coffee); and I am going to dehydrate a batch for veggie bullion (I'm almost out!).

mmm homemade veggie bullion!!

Crotch Rocket

Bought vegetable seeds for the first time in my life, and a seedling starter kit for them. Then I had to buy a book on vertical gardening because I feel way over my head here! lol

Its probably simpler than I'm thinking it to be. I'll find out.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!