Page 83 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    looks like someone is a choco-holic!!

This was actually a gift from a buddy of mine whos Army unit was disbanded, he had tons and tons of Single Serving coffee, hot chocolate, sugar, creamer, Cup Of Soups, MRE's, HeaterMeals, ect ect, and they was going to just toss it all, So he donated it to the cause. Since I dont drink coffee, I figured someone in the group will, or it can be used for trading purposes. And the hot chocolate, well, who doesnt like hot chocolate? The 4 boxes above the hot chocolate, each is 500 count single serving coffees, and Ive got 10 boxes of it. . . who wants to get their caffeine buzz on? Anyone?

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Started tilling for my garden. Weird weather here in the desert this year-it got hot lat week and now has cooled down to 40s overnight. Oh well.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I mentioned to my dad that I wanted to build a greenhouse and was thinking of checking the local Habitat Restore for old windows to use. Saturday he called me to tell me to come out to my aunts because she was cleaning out an old barn and I might find some things I could use. I scored 50 windows. They are great (90 yrs old glass with still in tact)and all for free!

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by carly View Post
    I mentioned to my dad that I wanted to build a greenhouse and was thinking of checking the local Habitat Restore for old windows to use. Saturday he called me to tell me to come out to my aunts because she was cleaning out an old barn and I might find some things I could use. I scored 50 windows. They are great (90 yrs old glass with still in tact)and all for free!
    When we replaced all the old single pane wooden windows from our house during the remodel we saved every one of them to do the exact thing. Guess we will be hauling them to the new property to build it there. Great find Carly!!!!!!!!! There are a lot of designs out there to build using them and other reclaimed materials.
    I apologize for nothing...

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I got 250 rounds of shotgun shotgun shells for 3 dollars a box.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

A laugh a minute
    Well we bought a used Buck wood stove today from CL, real cheap, barely used and we are a step closer to having everything for the inside of the house. This is the one we got and it should keep us nice and toasty this winter. Buck stoves are a great brand.

Model 21 Non-Catalytic Wood Stove

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    Well we bought a used Buck wood stove today from CL, real cheap, barely used and we are a step closer to having everything for the inside of the house. This is the one we got and it should keep us nice and toasty this winter. Buck stoves are a great brand.

Model 21 Non-Catalytic Wood Stove

Guess we can try it out while you're here if this weather keeps up eh?

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

A laugh a minute
    BWRR yes we can. I told the DH that as soon as we get home I want a fire in it. He just looked at me and said "That's my girl always wanting her fire."

Bacon saver

Yes............Evil Twins..............

Be safe.............the night is your friend

Where's the epi?

I canned 36 pints of chicken today. I like them in the pints since I like breast and dh likes thighs and I can pull one jar out for him and one for me with no leftovers. They are the perfect size for single meals.
    I apologize for nothing...