Page 85 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Going to the range between appointments tomorrow to test my new gas valve retaining plate on the yugo underfolder. It bypasses the stupid grenade launcher sight, and holds the gas valve indexed. Hopefully this is gonna cure a stovepiping under rapid fire issue I had a month ago. work is really busy, I worked from 8am to 10pm today, so I need some me/range time. lol Range report to follow.
    Well, the retaining plate works! Still having some stovepipes... The extractor is cutting nice little chunks out of the rims on every case, and when it doesn't stovepipe, it's not releasing the case which basically causes it to ram the back of the chamber on the right side, so new extractor is on the way with my 922r parts on another build. Argh, I'm getting sick of fixing this ultra-reliable gun! Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

I picked up the following
    100 Sub Sonic 40gr CCI .22's
    1600 40gr Mini Mag CCI .22's
    Kitchen fire extengisher
    2 pair of leather gloves

Went to my parents and picked up 11 pepper plants and 25 tomato plants Dad had started.

We also got the gate pretty much finished for the chicken lot. Couple more things and that project will finally be done.

For the Love of Cats

Made and canned a couple BIG pots of veggie soups. Also dehydrated a bunch more into veggie rolls. seems my wife has taken a liking to them and ate most of the last ones. lol

Where's the epi?

I bought:

300 rds CCI mini mags
    150 rds CCI Stingers
    60 rds Winchester .308
    2 - 30 rd boxes of 00 buck

They just jumped into my cart in Wally World...oops. But at least I didn't go in and ask "How many boxed ya got and I'll take 'em all" this time. That should count for something.
    I apologize for nothing...

Crotch Rocket

Is it a count "for", or a count "against" not to take ALL of the ammo you can?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Is it a count "for", or a count "against" not to take ALL of the ammo you can?
    Well today they had WAY too much in stock for me to take it all so I just took a few things (we were in a hurry). Need to go back next week and do some "real" shopping.

A laugh a minute
    Prep? Today? well does trying not to go crazy count as prepping? It has been pure hell since we left headed for home. Nothing is going as planned and as far as prepping goes. I am ready to say to hell with it all and go trade it all in for a real home.

Where's the epi?

^will have alcohol ready and waiting....we can discuss prepping, that should count.

A laugh a minute
    now your talking and yes I need to talk about it. OH and my daughter just moved to the country and has started the farm life. Got 3 hens and a rooster Sat., and the garden is going in today. My 8 yr old drove the tractor for the first time and did so well they let him drive it onto the trailer. He did it like he had been for years. That was my prepping over the weekend.

I'll most likely shit myself

Good on the 8 yo. I was about that age first time i got to use the plow. Good times.