Page 98 of 389 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Got the wife a Blue Force Gear SOC belt. It's going to be her 1st line support system. Working on rigging it up now......review to follow of course....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

T, you're harshing my mellow, man...

I haven't even gotten my bike on the road yet, can we avoid discussing snow? Lol...

On topic: I ordered the irrigation system for my container garden, and put tomato transplants in my topsy turvy's.

Where's the epi?

Bp, good advice. I went out to the garden today to pick a squash and the Japanese beetles (or they may be June beetles) - not sure if the Japs start off small and grow, but either way, they are here now. They haven't started on the veggies yet but on the weeds so I "Sevened" everything in sight. I know they will be hitting the apple orchard soon so they will be destroyed. I am hoping they won't be a problem at the new property. Will not have such a huge orchard there for sure!
    I apologize for nothing...

GunnerMax
    I have started to learn Morse Code

along with other things pertaining to my job (marine navigation)

Brushing up on my chartwork (nautical charts but very close to topographic, or as close as I can get)

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMax View Post

Brushing up on my chartwork (nautical charts but very close to topographic, or as close as I can get)
    Outstanding! Now you'll get stuck sending flashing light to the fleet, I dub thee "ship's signalman/quartermaster" to hell with that you need to be OOD! After you've mastered the helm. One must master the helm before one can be a ship handler.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

That is flat awesome!
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

GunnerMax
    The numbers are easy, as there is a pattern to those. But Damn Samuel Morse. There are no patterns to letters....

@BRR13, I am already helm and lee helm qualified (former deck seaman)

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Got the wife a Blue Force Gear SOC belt. It's going to be her 1st line support system. Working on rigging it up now......review to follow of course....
    I checked it out. The "Lady" and I both agreed it is a great system. "BZ" man! Now you got me lookin. Makes great sense, load bearing suspenders. Mollie up whatever you want, guns and gear. Unbuckle your belt and you don't have to worry about your shit fallen down if you gotta adjust your britches. Great score!

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I finally ordered the worms for composting. It was supposed to be done in May, but I finally got around to it. Also started the paperwork to refinance our mortgage at 2.8% interest. I am a little worried about the appraisal because of the foreclosures, but we will see. It will free up a little extra a month toward our bills. Finally got to talk to our tent manufacturer and they are sending a new rain fly in time for our camping trip, and we are just going to patch the original so we have a spare.

I have also come to realize that I am not as organized as I thought I was. I can't find half of our camping stuff. I will have to clear out a corner of the basement just for camping storage.

For the Love of Cats

The numbers are easy, as there is a pattern to those. But Damn Samuel Morse. There are no patterns to letters....

@BRR13, I am already helm and lee helm qualified (former deck seaman)
    ... - .. -.-. -.- .-- .. - .... .. - .-.-.-

-.-- --- ..- .-- .. .-.. .-.. --. . - .. - .-.-.-

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.