Page 138 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Got this today at the gun show....the guy was walking in....$50........

Went to the gun show to meet up with a buddy....He's a vendor....called and said he had a project piece I could have....

Went back to shop and did this....

While there.....a guy in the same complex asked if I'd be interested in this....for $120....couldn't get it to stay running....

Fresh gas and removed the ancient air filter....runs now.

Real close to the best day ever.....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

A laugh a minute
    Well plans have changed before heading home and that is all about prepping. We are half way there, stopped to help 2 more of our group to pack up and leave for the BOL right now. But that is a good thing just a very sudden change. But in prepping you have to expect sudden change and be able to deal with it.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'll most likely shit myself

After one heck of a Spring/Summer we decided we needed to take a bit of a break. Camped a little and then spent a week up in the mountians on the TN/NC state line. No phone, internet, traffic, people. A nice cool week at 4200'. Did a bunch of walking, pic takin, and mainly relaxing in a super quite location. I had been sick for a week before we left and generally felt like crap. After this we both feel recharged and ready to go again. Just what we needed.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    rearranged some of the bug out bags prepping them for wintertime
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Not sure if this counts, but I spent about 15 hrs training dogs this week. We got a 3 yr old Catahoula, and a 6 mo. old Heeler mix from the shelter. I had looked at them online before we went, and I was debating between the two of them. When we got there, they had them both in the same little pen. They get along really well. The Catahoula's name is "Bo" (he came with the name), so I call him "Bo Kenobi". And the Heeler is "Luke", aka, "Luke Yard-Walker". Yes, I'm a geek. They have both made some fantastic progress, I am very proud of them. Bo apparently has no herding instinct at all, but has a very strong hunting/scent drive, and, already he makes a good watch dog, he is aware of everything, everywhere. Luke does have a strong herding instinct, in fact he is already trying to herd the kids around, lol.

Bo is a very smart dog, smart, independent, and good hearted. He is high energy, and he is definitely giving me a workout! I am contemplating teaching him to run along side a 4 wheeler, lol.

And the puppy, he and my kids get along very well, but he is definitely the beta dog. He is usually off the leash, but I have to have him tied up when I work with Bo, or he is a pest, lol.

Last edited by 4suchatimeasthis; 10-29-2012 at 03:33 AM.

For the Love of Cats

Got another deer hanging in the garage, and put another 5 geese into the freezer.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I must confess that I didn't do one damned thing! I spent the week away from home and after flying 8 hours to get back home I just watched the Miyamoto Musashi Trilogy, made in the 1950s and starring the greatest samurai actor of all time, Toshiro Mifune. Oh yeah, and grilled a steak.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Re: What have you done to prep this week?

Received my latest amazon order. Metal oil lantern, wick kits & lantern oil.

Oh & four P-38 type can openers for BOB & camping gear.

prepguide
    Today I cleaned and reorganized the supply room in the house and I am wiped out but that room is now completely tuned up. Also when I was taking a load of trash in laying right next to the dumpster was a large (30x14x66) metal storage cabinet someone had tossed. I looked it over and it followed me home.

I had to wire wheel and grind the bottom as it was pretty rusty but it cleaned up and after a few coats of primer and a good cleaning it is now in the supply room with a variety of items stashed inside which further freed up space. Also went through this morning and reorganized all my stored ammunition, I didn't like how I had it so I took care of that and now I am very happy with them all. Realized I need to buy at least one more of the fat fifty cal cans but will likely get two and plan ahead.

A good productive day

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    I must confess that I didn't do one damned thing! I spent the week away from home and after flying 8 hours to get back home I just watched the Miyamoto Musashi Trilogy, made in the 1950s and starring the greatest samurai actor of all time, Toshiro Mifune. Oh yeah, and grilled a steak.
    If you have to fly to Atlanta??? I hate that frigen air port!!!
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.