Page 176 of 389 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

My favourite grocery store has my favourite contest on again. The one that loads up my pantry with free food!!

First haul:

and a bunch more winning tickets for the next haul...

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

more ammo
    FastFire III
    2 liter and 5 liter Oak Barrels
    TP
    3 more LED Lanterns
    AA Batteries
    Last edited by AlphaTea; 04-11-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: speeling
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Oh, Brown truck just dropped off my N.A.P.E.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

Smelted lead

A couple of months ago, I asked my son-in-law to see if he could bring home some lead wheel weights, he is a car salesman at a Ford dealership. He brought me over 100 lbs. of wheel weights. And after watching a few Youtube videos, I have started melting and purifying the lead. About half is scrap metals and slag, but half is pure lead. I have quite a few ingots of the lead, and will melt them into bullets tomorrow.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Went today and picked a dozen trays of mixed variety peppers and tomato plants, plus a handful of cucumber plants, and enough peat moss and potting soil to sink a ship (at least a small one) My bucket garden goes in this week. Then I start work on making and canning my own pasta sauce.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

For the Love of Cats

Not sure if it is prep related or not, but it is getting me, and my freezer more organized...

Figured that since I'm stuck around the house anyways, I just grabbed all the meat from the freezer that I had designated to grind and have it thawing (about 80#'s.)

I'll thaw it out today, and tomorrow run a bunch through the grinder, some to refreeze just as hamburger, but I'm also going to mix up a couple/few batches for sausage, get it curing, and grab some fresh casings on Monday. Monday I'll stuff them and fire up the smoker.

I've got beef, deer, moose, goose, bear, and pork. I haven't decided the configurations yet, but there will be a few different combinations happening.

While I am at it, I am also going to smoke a bunch of salmon and trout. Some, I will try canning, and the rest probably wont last long enough for anything. lol
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    A couple of months ago, I asked my son-in-law to see if he could bring home some lead wheel weights, he is a car salesman at a Ford dealership. He brought me over 100 lbs. of wheel weights. And after watching a few Youtube videos, I have started melting and purifying the lead. About half is scrap metals and slag, but half is pure lead. I have quite a few ingots of the lead, and will melt them into bullets tomorrow.
    Watch how you handle lead...it is highly toxic...especially when you melt it. I'm sure you already know this, but for others edification; only melt lead in a well ventilated area and only handle it with gloves.

Many people don't realize that lead is completely degraded uranium (it can no longer absorb radiation, that's why it's used in nuclear shielding).

Sorry for the public service announcement...but this is a hot button for me!

I'll most likely shit myself

Good PSA Tiger. We have a safety training review we have to do on lead every two years. Fumes and dust from lead leads to very bad things happening to you.

A laugh a minute
    Gathered some chickweed, dandelion, violets and plantain to make salves tomorrow.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Crotch Rocket

Ok, I've read more on the food properties of dandelion than I have the medicinal. Any chance we could get a thread on that one, please?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!