Page 186 of 389 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    I know that Eagle, but I thought Wisconsin had an actual "season" for them? (or am I just flipping out and losing what memory I have left?) Ya know, they say the first thing to go is the memory. . .
    No Stormy, the memory is the second thing to go. I forget what the first is though.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

For the Love of Cats

Grumpy, The first thing to go is the memory! errrr... What was the question again?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    No Stormy, the memory is the second thing to go. I forget what the first is though.
    Thats good to know, because that "other thing" hasnt gone anywhere yet!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Ummm, yeah. So anyway....

I used a bunch of my freeze-dried foods trying to get my daughter and husband to eat them, and it didn't work out so well. She didn't even eat the MH mac & cheese, which shook me to my core. So far, they only like the desserts. At least they are getting exposed to them and I am learning how to cook them. Most things call for a bit more water and longer sitting times than listed for our tastes.

Still looking for a vacation home with the extended family, which they may or may not realize is a BOL. I think they realize, because I have already been warned not to fill it with "crap".

Planted 2 apple trees and another cherry tree. Waiting for the dog to chew through the metal cages and dig them up. That reminds me to put whatever it is they call it to cover the trees so the birds don't eat the fruit. It has been 3 years with the bushes and trees and I think we managed to get 3 blueberries before the animals ate everything.

Proud of me!!! I bought a broken lawn mower off of craigslist and figured out how to fix it myself. It was stupid easy, so I got a $250 lawn mower for $75. Found out the pull cord wont pull if the blade can't turn, so cutting off all the twine and what not and a little WD-40 went a long way. Also found out the hard way that we really need to disengage the spark plug before playing with the blade, but we won't get into that right now. I changed the oil, but the men couldn't resist sharpening the blade with grinder even though I planned to do it myself. It took 2 men and they still didn't do as good a job as I wanted it done. Note to self--ask for bench grinder for my birthday.

Still working on exposing my family to unfamiliar foods. We tried duck and lamb last week. I'm sure many of you are very familiar, but I have only tried them once before and felt like I was eating a pet. My husband and daughter haven't tasted them before now. I think I can get away with serving lamb roast again, but the duck was a no-go. The orange sauce was delicious, though. And the dog loved the duck.

A laugh a minute
    While digging a ditch to put the drain tiles in around SIL metal building, BIL found a musket ball. So looks like we have to get the metal detector out and investigate that site. Also while digging we found another spring we didn't know we had. We were digging a place for one of the house to go in and found that the hillside is red clay. So we now have all the clay we need for foundations, roads, or anything else we can think of. The deer and wild turkey are finally coming out to our feeding troughs we have for them, so now we sit on the cabin porch and watch them. all the fruit trees have fruit on them and my container garden is taking off really good. Got Hazelnut, mulberry, plum, and chinquapin tree from our county land office for free. Started planting them yesterday.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I removed cosmoline from a couple of inherited Norincos. Ordered a new holster from a local holster guy. Did some food rotation on the canned goods as well.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Picked up a 1978 Kawasaki KV100 for $200 for the wife to learn how to ride on. Half enduro, half streetbike, Its kickstart, so no battery or electronics to deal with. Gas,kick, and go!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Picked up a 1978 Kawasaki KV100 for $200 for the wife to learn how to ride on. Half enduro, half streetbike, Its kickstart, so no battery or electronics to deal with. Gas,kick, and go!

I've always wanted one of those. Just have to learn to ride first.........
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I've always wanted one of those. Just have to learn to ride first.........
    Wear a helmet Izzy!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

prepguide
    Got my food inventory up to date and upgraded my grab and go supplies. The tornadoes were a good reminder.