Page 21 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Where's the epi?

I did an inventory of all our medicines and organized them. Does that count?

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by xusualsuspectx View Post
    Tonight we packaged 22-3 cup bags of rice ,5-2 lb. bags of pinto beans ,and 5- 1lb. bags of pasta. We used two 300cc oxygen absorbers in the large bags and one in each of the smaller bags.

Welcome to the site and look forward to seeing more preps! Great job!

Bacon saver

Does this count? OK well, I'm working on (Today) restoring an old 1914 Singer model 29-4. It's a treadle (foot pump) type, used for leather goods, boots shoes, harnesses, saddles and the like. INDUSTRIAL It doesn't use electricity so it's "off grid", did one for the wife a while back, just would like to see her use it. But she's busy doing her other "preppin" things. Good thing is we are in it together.

Be safe........the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Just finished up 16 canned pint sized chocolate cakes! (ok, 15, had to try one of them out to check for taste, consistency, and overall useability! Nummy!)
    Now here is a SHTF comfort food if I've ever seen one.

please share your recipe and technique!

pls pls pls

For the Love of Cats

Finally finished clearing out the garden, have 2 trays of chives on the dehydrator, 3 trays of oregano, and 2 of basil.

got my garage sorted out a bit, ready to build another set of shelves next weekend, and continue the organization. Once that's done, then I will be expanding my pantry by 2x the storage space.

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    I finally got all the carpet out, molding out and am waist deep in replacing all the carpet with locking laminate "wood". By...MYSELF, thank you very much. We'll categorize this as practice in: using tools, sleep deprivation, and "yes I canism". I am darn determined I will have it all done before 40 odd people show up at my house for early Thanskgiving when Hubby has his leave. I think I can, I think I can.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    I finally got all the carpet out, molding out and am waist deep in replacing all the carpet with locking laminate "wood". By...MYSELF, thank you very much. We'll categorize this as practice in: using tools, sleep deprivation, and "yes I canism". I am darn determined I will have it all done before 40 odd people show up at my house for early Thanskgiving when Hubby has his leave. I think I can, I think I can.
    You GO Girl!!

Just 2 or 3 mice or squirrels will do the job....don't ask

Just finished a Suzuki Sidekick (4dr.) conversion to VW Diesel engine. The engine is a 93 so all of the fuel system is mechanical and the only electronics are the diodes in the alternator. This will work with regular diesel as well as bio diesel. Just now running the first tank of fuel through it so don't yet know what the fuel economy will be. Hoping for 35-40mpg.
    Last edited by Daca102090; 11-02-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: man the dyslexia is bad today

For the Love of Cats

^
    WOW!

not that is an imressive prep! looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

Way to go!!

Last edited by Sniper-T; 11-02-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Just 2 or 3 mice or squirrels will do the job....don't ask

yep, not a road racer in power but does the job. Next is to install a battery isolator for the accessory battery in the rear mounted utility box. Have an onboard air system capable of 110 psi at 2cfm, 2kw continous 4kw surge power inverter for 110v and dash controlled air shocks in the rear of the vehicle.

After the battery isolator, a winch bumper/brush guard will go on the front for deer protection.