Page 268 of 389 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    damn you.... Dont twist my words!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Crotch Rocket

Bwahaha!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I call big spoon.
    Slowly putting together a sustainment bag. My Eberlestock pack that I can have enough essentials to comfortably be out on my own. Keeping weight down while keeping the 2 is 1 and 1 is none idea.

I got my kifaru pullouts today, lightweight pouches to organize my pack for my stove, water purification, fire starters and so on.

The pack has a ton of organization and plenty of room, so it can get heavy quick.

I believe preparedness has much to do with proficiency in my equipment and how to get along without it.

Crotch Rocket

I was a "kitchen sink" guy for a while. I am moving away from that slowly, but surely. I've posted some threads on this here and there. Specifically resources on how to lighten loads/ organize. It sounds liks you have this well in hand, but I can find and bump them up if you're interested.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I call big spoon.
    Absolutely. Thanks, mostly I'd like to keep my water purification stuff and a backup. Like for instance I'd keep my filter and just some iodine tablets. It's lighter than a filter and my steripen......which needs batteries.... which run out...... tablets aren't ideal but are light.

My fire rod is the size of a crayon. I just keep some dry tinder with it. I've got a fire piston and a few other tools but the rod is light and efficient.

The stove I got uses multiple fuels. Bulky but lighter and smaller than the biolite I was using. The pot I use, I downsized to a tiny quart size.

Any more tips would be appreciated. A few times a year I go out and field my stuff, note what I don't use or doesn't work out and I leave it home on the next time out. Things gradually get lighter and I get better with my gear.

I fortunately was a boy scout and learned how to make shelter from what us in the woods and nothing else.

Crotch Rocket

Ok. Will do then. Be just a few minutes.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by oif0709 View Post
    Absolutely. Thanks, mostly I'd like to keep my water purification stuff and a backup. Like for instance I'd keep my filter and just some iodine tablets. It's lighter than a filter and my steripen......which needs batteries.... which run out...... tablets aren't ideal but are light.

My fire rod is the size of a crayon. I just keep some dry tinder with it. I've got a fire piston and a few other tools but the rod is light and efficient.

The stove I got uses multiple fuels. Bulky but lighter and smaller than the biolite I was using. The pot I use, I downsized to a tiny quart size.

Any more tips would be appreciated. A few times a year I go out and field my stuff, note what I don't use or doesn't work out and I leave it home on the next time out. Things gradually get lighter and I get better with my gear.

I fortunately was a boy scout and learned how to make shelter from what us in the woods and nothing else.
    sounds like a great set up... how about some pics?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I call big spoon.
    I think I had to reach a post count before I could post photos. I'm not sure what the count was.

Crotch Rocket

We don't upload directly here. I think you should be able to link images from photobucket/ imageshack, etc. I don't remember that being linked to a post count.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

not sure, grab the image code from photo bucket and paste in here, or use the insert image button^ above and post the link... if that doesn't work (post count), pm or email me and I'll post them for you
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.