Page 334 of 389 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    MMMmmm Range Day: Ran 30 rnds of 223 RCBS SB die sized brass... ran like butter!

Also picked up brass, didnt score so well on hangun brass, but there lots of ARs... I got a lot today, between last weekend's trip (sad day for 223) and today (big score), we got 19 pounds of brass.

One 223 case is about 96 grains. 19 pounds is 133,000 grains. 133,999 divided by 96 says I have about 1,385 pieces of 223 range pickup brass! Woo!

Ran the Glock, turned into single shot... WTF! The slide lock was locking the slide EVERY shot, when I release the slide it chambered the next round, fired fine and then locked back. Boyee, was I pissed. Got home to see the slide release is pretty dity with carbon (Ive only got about 300 rnds on it without cleaning) and was dragging on the way down.

So I tear down the trigger and clean up the contact areas of the slide release. Put it back together and the same thing, not as bad.. but still dragging.

Closer look and I see the top of the slide release spring is resting on the block, not the upper pin! Duh! When I took it apart last, I put it back together wrong! I pulled the pin, pressed down the tip of the spring and put the pin in... there is a LOT more spring tension now and the slide release does not drag, it SNAPS right back. Damn... Im stupid.

So, I thought I had a possible serious problem but it was operator error.

Thats all for now..
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    a picture as promised.

"Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Made some changes to my gear (listed some items in the classified thread) picked up a new "ghb" for the jeep.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Intake and exhaust for the truck. more fuel mileage. Added a mountain bike to my (almost) rounded setup. 2nd cooler is coming for the front hitch cargo caddy. parts purchased for truck 100,000 mile maintenance. Bought more can goods, cash on hand is more and more everyday.

I put a new gun on layaway last week. A gen 4 Glock 19. I went ahead and ordered 500 rounds of ammo and 2 extra hi cap mags. I've been carrying a 40, but going back to 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by T70 View Post
    I put a new gun on layaway last week. A gen 4 Glock 19. I went ahead and ordered 500 rounds of ammo and 2 extra hi cap mags. I've been carrying a 40, but going back to 9mm.
    Odd transition... I went from 40 to 9 also, from M&P to G17.4 I like both, but *love* my 17!

I just loaded some 124g that I need to fly over the speed o meter and see how there doing, then I can load the rest... with focus on the match on the 26th.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by T70 View Post
    I need to get a glock one of these days. I have grown to realize there is really no difference between the 9, 40, and 45.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I need to get a glock one of these days. I have grown to realize there is really no difference between the 9, 40, and 45.
    I agree, but you know this post caused someone to scream at their computer screen, and then caress their 1911 right?
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

1911.. pffftt...
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    I agree, but you know this post caused someone to scream at their computer screen, and then caress their 1911 right?
    LMAO
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson