Page 346 of 389 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I ordered a media separator, Ive needed one for a long time.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Picked the first peaches of the year today, more tomorrow, I got a wicked sunburn mowing the yard since I couldn't mow it for 2 weeks it took twice as long. Can't figure out why one side of the yard grows 385% faster than the other, lol. Got standing water in the back yard, gonna have to do some drainage work this summer when it dries out. Got some roof repairs this week had some damage from wind, that's done and the roof has a clean bill of health. More blackberries to pick tomorrow, don't have time to can those this week, so we're freezing in small batches. Strawberry jam, and smoked salsa are getting canned tomorrow. Gonna roast 14lbs of maters and a bunch of assorted peppers tomorrow morning while the smoker makes coals. Also digging purple potatoes tomorrow.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do you have a robot?
    It seems like my yard it taking more time than ever or maybe I am just getting older and it is taking me longer to do things.

Pruning, digging up a bunch of plants which have gotten too big. What I would give for an excavator.

My hot tube is leaking and it is a built in one. I just might make it into a planter and buy a portable one. I really need it after all this digging.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Just ordered another 10 USGI mags from palmetto state armory. 8.99 ea and in stock (for now). In light of recent events, I figured it may be nice to have more.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I'm seriously thinking about buying a several month old, slightly used Harvest Right Food Freeze Dryer. Brand new from the factory they are $3215 delivered, and I can get this one for $2200, so about 1/3 off. But I on the fence on this one as it's still a hell of a lot of money...but hopefully I can make it pay for itself and start putting back some high quality freeze dried food. Anyone have an opinion or advice to help me decide?

Do you have a robot?
    The Seal A Meal took a crap so it was time we needed a new one anyway. Bought another 25 lbs of rice and salt. I also picked up a couple of holsters I have been putting off. I am finding a lot of the high end equipment is now on back order, ie High Speed Gear and TYR which I have several items on back order.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Building a camouflaged/concealed 50 gallon water source in plain sight. Well ok maybe it will be noticed..
    My next task is burying a 55 gallon food grade barrel and using it as a water source for a fountain/herb garden. 1/4 of the feature will have a waterfall on the other 3/4 will be for herbs.

It is in the process of construction. I feel that I am able to trust you all

These are 4 of the projects I am/have working on this year.
    [IMG][/IMG]

As I am working on these tasks this is what is growing in my basement. Had that for lunch today.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

And the AP system will soon be expanded.
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is a packed growbed. In this pic you got 4-6 Kale Plants, Green Mustard, Romain, Jalapeno, Anaheim and a rogue Tomatoe plant shot up in the middle of everything. And that is only a 2 foot section.

Researching the Savage 30-06 as well. After seeing the results of the range fired shots that the Rat provided. I am more solid on the 30-06.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

For the Love of Cats

I am very interested in the hidden system. post up more pics!!!

- - - Updated - - -

btw, I know a few guys that have bought the 'new' savage and are NOT impressed with all the plastic, and the failures. It would not be my recommendation, especially in .30-06. in .22-250... Maybe, at best. Savage isn't the rifle that it used to be!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Food harvest is our main stuff this week. Picked Blueberries twice, got a full quart tonight. A few more mulberries and the wild blackberries are starting to ripen, got close to a quart of those. Got a few apples, 2 pears to try out.
    The biggest surprise was a peach tree. I planted it, along with other peaches, several apples, a couple of pears before we built our house, so it's been out 22-23 years. Most of the trees died within 3 years. The one peach is all that remains. It will be loaded just about every spring and then a month or so before they ripen they turn to mush and drop. We haven't had the first peach yet. A couple years ago I gave up on it and hadn't really paid any attention to it this year. I was mowing the field tonight and just happened to check it out, and surprise surprise, it is pretty loaded with peaches that are close to ripe. Only a handful have any rot on them. It looks like we will have a harvest this year. At this point I would guess there is maybe half a bushel. I AM THRILLED. I can taste the wife cobbler already.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Update:
    This is what is going on in the 80'x50' home plot.

https://www.facebook.com/vodin/posts...62?pnref=story
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.