Page 358 of 389 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

Which one did you get Socal?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Got my binary trigger put in, and it works great. Going to need to practice on my trigger control to really get the most out of this trigger. But it is much better than the stock trigger even on semi mode. 4.5 lbs. Also just loaded about 300 rounds of 5.56 55 grain plinking ammo, going to load more 50 grain, and 53 grain tomorrow.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Which one did you get Socal?
    I found a very gently used Nesco. The previous owner even had the original box and instruction manual. I have no also done some trial drying of jalapenos, both sliced into rings and full with the stem and seeds removed, as well as drying more of my cayennes.

I am not 100% pleased with the bananas I dried. I used a honey dip on them and I find it makes them a bit too sweet and slightly sticky. My next run with the bananas will be with a little ascorbic acid to keep them from turning brown. I am also hoping to do some beef jerky.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up some more components for reloading .223. I still have not reloaded .223 or 5.56. Have everything on hand, though I do need to get a case trimmer.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Finally.
    I bought a new G19 gen3 for $485
    Still need a couple of high cap mags, pistols only come with 10 round mags in NY
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Do you have a robot?
    Currently doing some negotiating for a Glock 17 for $250 from a friend who just wants to get rid of it. Another guy has a Winchester 94 in 25-20 along with dies, ammo, bullets and brass. It is real weird I had a guy last week ask if I had any 25-20. I already have another 94 in the same caliber but have never really paid attention to it. The thing that kills me is the 25-20 ammo is a dollar a round and brass is the same amount. I figure I have four hundred rounds loaded with 250 rounds of new brass. The guy who has the Winchester wants to trade for a 1911 I have. I figure I have $200 in the 45 and the Winchester has a value of around $750 so I should do okay. So now I have another friend who is going to take his 25-20 and redo it in 357 magnum so I just might consider doing that too, its intriguing. Has anyone done this type of conversion?
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I am about to buy me and my wife each a Canik tp-9SF here real soon. Been reviewing them and I like what I see. 350 bucks and it comes with two 19 round mags, holster, and so on. I can buy 20 round mags for it. We are also going to be buying lots of steel targets so we can do more shooting.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

Great firewood weekend... Got a cord and a half moved from the shed to my back deck to start with for winter, still have another 2 cords in the shed ready to burn. Added to that another 2 cords to finish seasoning for next year. and added another two cords to the outside piles to start seasoning for 2 years from now. A couple more days cutting, and I should be set for a full three year roatation
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Did a full inventory on the food storage, rotated some storage food into the regular pantry and then added about another weeks worth of canned goods into the inventory -- just in case things get ugly later this week.

I'll most likely shit myself

Did a little shooting, and loading. Rotated some older canned storage food and will replace it with more dry goods. Gonna start rotating my fuel this week also. Wife's spent a bunch of time at the Dr's getting pretty surgery workups.

Bacpacker, what is your water storage situation? Do you have a decent supply of water on your property? We have a fair amount of dry goods like rice, beans and some other grains but our problem would be to rehydrate if an earthquake severs our water mains or extended electrical outage means the tank on the hill is not filled and it has emptied. That is one reason I have moved into a little more of the canned goods. The liquid in the cans can always be used as water.