Page 50 of 388 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GunnerMax
    ordered two 48 round shotgun shell belts. And a MOLLE shotgun scabbard for the backpack.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMax View Post
    ordered two 48 round shotgun shell belts. And a MOLLE shotgun scabbard for the backpack.
    Ive been looking into these for about a year and a half now, just havent pulled the trigger to get one yet. Maybe you could give us a heads up and let us know how it works out for you? This way maybe I can convince myself to go ahead and get one!

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Ive been looking into these for about a year and a half now, just havent pulled the trigger to get one yet. Maybe you could give us a heads up and let us know how it works out for you? This way maybe I can convince myself to go ahead and get one!
    I have a 50 round bandoleer and one of those scabbards. I've used both to good effect for light use. Every once in a while you may find a shell slipping out of the bandoller, but for the most part it retains them very well. I've kept mine loaded with loose shells for a couple years now with no issue.

My scabbard is from Condor that I received as a contest prize. I'm not sure if who else might make them, except for an AR sleeve I've seen from HSGI, but it appears to be pretty well built, and has allowed me to carry my .22 (I really should get a sling on that at some point) out deer hunting so I can plink at small game if that's all I'm seeing. I've also pressed it into range use by mounting it to the micro drag bag I have for my AR. I have to put my shotgun barrel in the bag because its 28", but its worked well for that as well. I'd love to get a folding stock and 18" barrel. It'd be very good for that I think.

Come to think of it, shipping probably wouldn't be too much on that. If you're willing to send it back I'd be more than happy to let you get a first hand look at it.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Just purchased some more batteries and a charger for radios.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Batteries, tac-ties, some kydex for an adapter that I'm going to make for a holster (Think Serpa MOLLE Mount) some more canned goods, Arsenal AK Mag followers on the way, and a new US made flash-hider for my Yugo folder. Vest pouches, drop leg dump pouch, and pistol mag pouches coming next week.

A laugh a minute
    sniper T, how do you dehydrate chili? Won,t the juice run through the holes?

For the Love of Cats

you use the plastic tray sleeves, aka fruit rollup trays.

you can see them pictured in this thead here:

http://www.shtfready.com/food-water/...nique-957.html

where I dehydrated lasagne, and turkey soup

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I made a GIANT Farady cage out of a truck bed toolbox and mounted it to the wall in my barn. Pics to come...........
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I made a GIANT Farady cage out of a truck bed toolbox and mounted it to the wall in my barn. Pics to come...........
    Well I hope it's made out of aluminum, er ah, foil, ah, stuff, ya know? So it will deflect electromagnectic swamp farts refracting off of Uranus. Cause that stuff can give you brain damage man.............my wife said "NO" to the shipping container. Maybe it was the cost of the crane and the trac hoe to dig and bury it? Izzy you Kill me...

Be safe............the night is your friend.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Well I hope it's made out of aluminum, er ah, foil, ah, stuff, ya know? So it will deflect electromagnectic swamp farts refracting off of Uranus. Cause that stuff can give you brain damage man.............my wife said "NO" to the shipping container. Maybe it was the cost of the crane and the trac hoe to dig and bury it? Izzy you Kill me...

Be safe............the night is your friend.
    You're right. Yes, it is aluminum. and it has this really cool SHTFREADY paint scheme........... that I may have gotten a buzz from..............cause I'm stupid and spray painted inside............. SOmetimes I dont think things through.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.