Page 52 of 389 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

I don't know what your prices down there, or what it would cost to ship them, but a local store just put some on sale. I'm going to pick up a couple sets on my way home tonight...

Blue Planet 30W Solar Panel | Canadian Tire

A laugh a minute
    a few years ago we bought 2 HF solar panel kits. They came with a 200Watt invertor and had 4 Panels. Now they are only 3 panels. We have ours hooked up to our little trailer and they work great. But if you want to run a house off of solar you need bigger ones.

GunnerMax
    ill have to review them this summer, so prepare to wait for a while.

Thanks BWRR13. I need to get started on these. I saw that SAM's Club sells several different sizes of deep cycle batteries. I need to figure out the best one for my needs and also order a quality inverter. Plus other solar panel related stuff too. I think it's time to make a list. Thanks again, you were very helpful.

Crotch Rocket

I installed a Magpul trigger guard on my AR today. The difference just in the fact that it eliminates the gap at the grip is awesome.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I picked up a new 10 gallon pot and then started with 10 lbs ground beef, 16 lbs of beans, 3 lbs peppers, 2 lbs of onions and a little chili powder. It ended in up as 30+ lbs of chili to put in the freezer and some for the next couple days.

Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I started my knife making experiment using real steel, not hacksaw blades. I'll let you all know how it turns out
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I started my knife making experiment using real steel, not hacksaw blades. I'll let you all know how it turns out
    That is awesome. I have been thinking about trying that out.

Right now I'm working on putting together a kydex boot knife sheath. I have been working on trying to make it more comfortable.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I picked up a Worksman Industrial Mover Tricycle for a secondary BOV. It is used and needs a little work, but for $150 it was a heck of a deal. I love garage sales!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

For the Love of Cats

^
    I had to google that... neat score! I don't understand how they could possibly cost that much new, unless they came with a driver