Page 88 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

Your not too late Lady. it's actually just now starting to get time to plant them. Going by the signs, next Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. All good days for root crops.

I will be planting my onions and leeks some time in there. Tomatos, and peppers are going in tomorrow night.

Where's the epi?

^thanks Bp. That gives me some dates to chose from and decide where to put them.
    I apologize for nothing...

GunnerMax
    Reordered my safariland dropleg holster for the Glock 19 in Olive Drab (opticsplanet.com sucks in their stocking.) I got a CAT tourniquet Kydex holder ( Eleven 10 Gear - Kydex CAT Tourniquet Case )for the holster, and it screws in the holes on the leg shroud, also in Olive Drab (matching awesomeness.)
    A liter of Hoppe's #9, some Hoppes copper solvent, a can of bore cleaner, some hoppes cleaner/degreaser, and 3 oil bottles with metal needle necks.
    a 7.62x39 and a 7.62x54R broken case extracter
    2 Eagle industries buttpacks in OD
    3 Pairs of those MOLLE-STIX I talked about in the forum a couple weeks ago.

3 pairs of these boots: http://www.uspatriottactical.com/fac...ngle-boot.html
    I cannot attest to the quality or length of the boot's life, but at $15 a pair, I popped on 3. Only $8 shipping for me too, which is great for 3 pairs of boots!
    Last edited by GunnerMax; 05-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.

For the Love of Cats

What is a broken case extractor? and why the need for them?

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    What is a broken case extractor? and why the need for them?
    Old or weak cases,or even due to overpressure will split or crack horizontally leaving the upper or lower portion of the case lodged in the breach. I have never had it happen on one of my personal guns but I have had to remove them from a few friends. Also one M2 Browning 50 cal machine gun in the Navy, that was confusing at first because I wasn't sure what happened. I ordered a barrel swap on the spot, thank God for training exercises and spare barrels right? Couldn't figure out what the new obstruction was and then in the light, I saw the lip of brass, it was way up in there. Never did find the lower half though.

OK bottom line, handy device, removes the broken case from your barrel. Consists of a drill bit, tap, and a widget to help you thread into and extract your case. Does that about some it up?

GunnerMax. I figured you for a CLP "Breakfree" guy not Hoppes.

Be safe.............the night is your friend

For the Love of Cats

yep. makes perfect sense. Although I have never had the need for one. It is certainly something to keep in mind when shooting mil-surp ammo.

would a 'tap' with the cleaning rod from the muzzle end not dislodge it too?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

GunnerMax
    BR13, I am a Die Hard CLP guy. I have the aerosol spray CLP, and it is not my favorite, so I decided to pick up some Hoppes products to test them out. I am starting to get supplies to maintain my weapons for the long-term. I do not want to rely on my ability to go to the local gunshop to fix an extractor, or to make sure my guns have enough CLP.

My thing: You cannot ever have too much CLP.

@ sniper, yes it would do it, but what is quicker than putting a cartridge sized thing and let the bolt being pulled back do the work? I bet putting together a cleaning rod takes longer. Plus, some people have the boresnakes or cable pull-through rods, so they are useless.

The main point for me getting them, besides common sense for me, is that I use alot of Mil-surp ammo. I dont buy the "ferrari" ammo, I buy the "Ford Focus" ammo. Its not as nice, breaks alot, but gets you from point A to point B.

I also do not like stuffing things down a bore and trying to ram something out

For the Love of Cats

Thanks GM. I may have to keep an eye open for one just because. Both my sks's have the stock 1 pc rod on board, so fumbling isn't too worrysome.

I've got a couple thousand rounds of milsurp through each of them, and haven't seen a case failure yet. and I have a few thousand through each of my Toks (7.62X25) and haven't there either.

That said, I'm guessing that my next shot out of each will split. lol

Damn you Murphey!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

GunnerMax
    7.62x39 Broken Shell Extractor - Keepshooting® I got mine from here.

Otherwise, I just got back from 2 straight hours of CQC and room clearing training. Its going to be a consistant 1-2 times per week for a while

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMax View Post
    7.62x39 Broken Shell Extractor - Keepshooting® I got mine from here.

Otherwise, I just got back from 2 straight hours of CQC and room clearing training. Its going to be a consistant 1-2 times per week for a while
    NO F*&KIN FAIR DAMNIT! Step aside young man......no need you gettin hurt, ME FIRST! I miss that shit. Especially when the local SWAT team challenges you and "Jerry's Kids" your guys and they lose. My wife will go too, she's been itchin to try pretty bad. I imagine you're using some conex boxes for the complex?

Be safe.............the night is your friend.