Page 113 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

We had a good week, actually just the past couple of days. Yesterday we found 9 Buff Orpingtons hens on Craigslist. They were probably hatched around March, so they should start laying in the next month or two. They look great and did well today when we let them out of the coop. Our other hens pretty much stayed away from them. I hope they get use to each other pretty quick.

Today I went and picked up 7 open top 55 gallon drums, with lids and rings. These will be used for chicken feed, some corn and wheat I have, and probably 1-2 for dry goods. Someone posted a while back about storing TP in barrels. The idea struck a chord with me. 1 of the barrels will be used for that.

We also canned 5 more jars or tomatos, 9 jars of pickles and froze 2 gallons of corn and another gallon of grapes (which will become jelly once the whole crop is in.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I took MsOmnipotent and her hubby shooting yesterday afternoon! Does that count? Taught her & hubby basics of firearms safety and intro'ed her and hubby to a bunch of styles of guns! (then let them shoot them!)
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Finished my 922r job on my numbers matching Romanian AK, she used to be a sporter 1997 import with thumb hole, and now she has: CNC Warrior Rear hinge block, and Right folding stock with QD sling loops on stock and hinge block, hogue overmolded pistol grip and hand guards, tapco g2 trigger group, and a CNC Warrior mini PKM flash suppressor. Soon, I'll throw some techsights on it so it matches the other ak, and is more similar to an ar in sight picture. I'm also waiting on techsights for my 10-22.

CMMG complete lower with 6 pos stock, 9 Labelle US GI 30 rounders with magpul followers, and 4 OD green magpul 30's (my plate carrier has gotta match right?)
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Got the dehydrator back in action the past couple of days. Cleaning out all fruits and veggies that are taking up space in the freezers to make way for more meats before the prices go up due to the drought.

Where's the epi?

Canned meats (Thanks to JustA's teachings!!! She has no idea the monster she has created), and pickled yellow squash. It is supposed to come out tasting like bread and butter pickles, yummy!
    I'm with JustA...gonna clear out the freezer and can that meat so I can go and buy new stuff. Hope dh doesn't read this post.
    I apologize for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    I took MsOmnipotent and her hubby shooting yesterday afternoon! Does that count? Taught her & hubby basics of firearms safety and intro'ed her and hubby to a bunch of styles of guns! (then let them shoot them!)
    That was freakin' AWESOME!!!! I'm still sore and bruised from the shot gun! And the first words out of my daughter's mouth was, "I shot a bunch of guns and Daddy has pictures."

For the Love of Cats

I sorted and inventoried all my seed stock, list forthcoming...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by msomnipotent View Post
    That was freakin' AWESOME!!!! I'm still sore and bruised from the shot gun! And the first words out of my daughter's mouth was, "I shot a bunch of guns and Daddy has pictures."
    Outstanding!

Is it just me, or does it seem like more and more of us are having opportunities to link up?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Outstanding!

Is it just me, or does it seem like more and more of us are having opportunities to link up?
    I think possibly we are taking the chance and actually trying to link up or at least make an effort. I know Sniper-T should be passing thru my AO here soon, looking forward to that get together as well!

That. . . and I cant wait to link up with you bro, I get the feeling theres going to be gunfire, midgets and bail bondsmen all over the place!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

lol.

That's what I was thinking for us next week...

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.