Page 137 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    Fastfire for my 10/22 TakeDown
    Fastfire? PM me if you like. Thanks.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Walking on Sunshine

Got my order from Emergency Prep, Grain mill (hand) Peanut butter powder. Vanilla powder is on the way (DH gots to have his peanut butter). Put together a GH bag for DH for his trip to SD next month. Got the outside plastic window screens for the room on the back deck and dh and I installed on Sunday and the table top propane heater for the room. Problem is now I still have to got outside in the rain to smoke. The plastic holds the smoke in the room Oh well I am really trying to stop, hopefully by Christmas I'll have stopped.

Crotch Rocket

I was doing ok until I had a few beers the other day. If having an accountability/ quitting buddy would help I'd be up for it. I wish you luck either way!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

prepguide
    Added some more rice as well as some additional hygiene supplies. Adding a little here and a little there adds up sooo quickly once you've reached a point of having at least six months of everything. The mental comfort factor goes up a bit each time another bag or package of something follows me home. Also picked up a few more assorted parts kits from Harbor Freight earlier this week. With living on a farm there is always ten somethings that needs fixed or maintained or tweaked and those little parts kits are a huge help especially for the price. Harbor Freight is one of those stores it is not a good idea for me to go in to when I have money LOL

Looking to learn how to spoon....wait....what's that....oh....MAKE spoons
    Couple packs of AA and AAA cells, a Grundig G8, a Kaito 16 foot compact antenna, more coffee, and some more soap and TP. Possibly add more to that tomorrow. I *THINK* I may pick up a CB handheld, or a VHF base station, to expand on the whole commo area which I'm regretting I have waited so long to do.

Also I need to add more medical stuff, more boo boo items, blood stoppers, and some longer term wound care. And a pre-made FAK and fire extinguisher+smoke detector for the new shed.

Too bad we never got a tax cut for being prepared lol.

I have been sick for the past 2 weeks or so, but I have still been busy. Finally got the basement in somewhat of an orderly mess. Still need to get rid of a lot of stuff but I'm not ready to die of embarrassment if someone goes downstairs now. We finally have room to shelter there if needed. Also finally got the go kart fixed and it starts on the first pull now. It has been such a great learning experience and has really boosted my confidence. So much so that the "scooter" I went to trade my Mosin for turned out to be an actual motorcycle and I did the trade anyway. I think I can do most of the work myself and sell or trade it in the spring for something good.

I got some good deals while online shopping: 2 Fenix flashlights and 1 Primus EtaPower Pot for the BOB, 96 rolls of Cottonelle, some Enloop rechargeables and I know I am forgetting something. More TP, a bunch of cold meds and canned goods, flour and rice from Costco.

Organizing the supply closet with first aid and meds is next on my list. I have 5,001 band aids and half are so old that they are unusable. They still have the little red thread inside to open them! Of course, I find this out as my finger is dripping blood all over.

Might send you the Swedish Vacu-pump 2000 when you've already said it's not your bag

What have you done to prep this week?

Got my free account at the local restaurant supply club using my business license and I'll be, the prices there beat Costco and SAMs by a good 10-20% at least. Spent about $130 and its the first place I've found that has dried beans in bulk and #10 cans of fruit.

Walking on Sunshine

I went and got an electric cigarette AND I am going to see an acupuncturist. She has an 85-90% success rate. The Cig is the Blu made in America and the cartridges are also made in America with NO propylene glycol in them. But I'd be happy to be a "quitting" buddy.Lord knows I need the help!!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    I went and got an electric cigarette AND I am going to see an acupuncturist. She has an 85-90% success rate. The Cig is the Blu made in America and the cartridges are also made in America with NO propylene glycol in them. But I'd be happy to be a "quitting" buddy.Lord knows I need the help!!

You're not the only one, let me know how that blu goes, I did the njoy, and it tasted like tea, which is fine, but, it wasn't the same, I'm certainly willing to try another one. Oh, and don't leave it in the heat of a car, mine melted all the goo out of the inside.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Crotch Rocket

I'm currently puffing on a "tsunami" e-cigarette myself. It tasted horrible at first, but I'm getting used to it, and use it a lot less than I'd be with an actual cigarette... at least when I don't drink.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!