Page 14 of 389 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

JustAPrepper you must have a long growing season. Do you grow much thru the summer? Sounds like you have a good start on a nice variety. Full freezers are great. I just found out yesterday I'm in line for a half beef later this fall. That should top mine off.
    BTW Welcome to the forum.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

After Bacpacker's generous contiribution to the cause, I picked up a Romanian AK, 4 mags, and 1300 rounds of ammo for a whopping $300.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Placed a call today about 2 bottle feeder calves, black Angus...my mouth just watered a little when I typed that. Picking up a pony for my 4 year olds birthday (kind of not a prepper item, but my daughters happiness for as long it can be is part of my prepping right now) besides, he could wind up carrying gear for all I know. Also the usual rice and beans.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    I just finished off two feeder calves, got them at days old for $25 a piece had to tube then bottle feed. At 18 months old they just filled 4 freezers FULL. Yum. Most of our summer gardens are done now, winter garden is coming in heavy at this point. I'm pretty much canning round the clock at this point, should be done with all the jam in a couple of weeks. 2 freezers and 2 pantries full of canned veggies and dehydrated veggies. This time of year kicks my ass...come on WINTER!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    I just finished off two feeder calves, got them at days old for $25 a piece had to tube then bottle feed. At 18 months old they just filled 4 freezers FULL. Yum. Most of our summer gardens are done now, winter garden is coming in heavy at this point. I'm pretty much canning round the clock at this point, should be done with all the jam in a couple of weeks. 2 freezers and 2 pantries full of canned veggies and dehydrated veggies. This time of year kicks my ass...come on WINTER!
    It sounds like your doing well with your stocks. We put up one cow and a hog last summer and then I bought a new grill this year--(should be called year of the steak now) We did a garden but we didn't turn out as much as we wanted to can. Still have store bought canned and dry goods.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    JustAPrepper you must have a long growing season. Do you grow much thru the summer? Sounds like you have a good start on a nice variety. Full freezers are great. I just found out yesterday I'm in line for a half beef later this fall. That should top mine off.
    BTW Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for the welcome BP!

We're in Florida so some there's a few things we can grow year round but we gutted the garden this summer due to Powdery Mildew and Mealy Bugs which have been devastating the state right now. Also so we could make some adjustments to our beds and heavily amend our soil. Hopefully it will all pay off.

Awesome on your half beef! Full freezers are GREAT...<until a hurricane comes through >

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Placed a call today about 2 bottle feeder calves, black Angus...my mouth just watered a little when I typed that. Picking up a pony for my 4 year olds birthday (kind of not a prepper item, but my daughters happiness for as long it can be is part of my prepping right now) besides, he could wind up carrying gear for all I know. Also the usual rice and beans.
    Get or build a cart for the pony... those buggers were originally bred to haul mine carts...

For the Love of Cats

put a couple hundred pounds of bear meat into the freezer on Monday, and about 2 bushels of tomatoes since then. hoping to add 3-4 deer yet and maybe a moose.

mmm... freezer meat good!

:0

Premium Member

bought another 50 rds of 9mm (147 gr JHP) for $20. Not too cheap, but for personal defense, I'll pay it. Bought 5 more boxes of spaghetti and 5 cans of spaghetti sauce from Dollar General. $10 spent, food for a week in a pinch.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Yesterday I planted Celeriac (a test crop). Today I topped off the condiments (mustard, ketchup, EVOO, etc.) and added more canned goods.