Page 23 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I bought 25 pounds of white mushrooms on the way home. I'm currently slicing and dicing for the dehydrator. I'll do a bunch in slices, a bunch diced, and a when they're dry, I will grind a bunch up for bullion powder.

mmmm I like mushrooms
    I canned a bunch a while back and they tasted just like what ya buy in the store in the cans....they are great. might want to try it that way in 1/2 pint jars to use with your steaks?

For the Love of Cats

If you have a recipe handy, I might give it a try with a few... but I've never been crazy on canned mushrooms... rehydrated, they taste like they're fresh. especially with steaks!

Where's the epi?

If you have a recipe handy, I might give it a try with a few... but I've never been crazy on canned mushrooms... rehydrated, they taste like they're fresh. especially with steaks!
    Go to this page and there are very simple quick directions....I love them canned but you can try a couple of jars and if nothing else you can add them into chicken and dumplings or something!

Mom's Cafe Home Cooking: Canning Mushrooms and Cream of Mushroom Soup

For the Love of Cats

looks good... I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    I'm still flooring, and may be flooring forever....ok probably not forever but it sure as heck feels like it and my knees are killing me. By the time I am done I will have done about 1200 sq ft....ugh.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    I'm still flooring, and may be flooring forever....ok probably not forever but it sure as heck feels like it and my knees are killing me. By the time I am done I will have done about 1200 sq ft....ugh.
    Bless your heart! Your DH must be so proud of you!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Dried a couple gallons of peppers, then put them through the coffee grinder to make my spice rub. Now I have plenty to get me through the winter and I still have around 4 gallons hanging out to air dry. I have a red and a green pepper spice that will make yours eyes water and start coughing just to smell it. YUMMY....

Also added 4 boxes of Twinkies....I still want my little girl to be happy too.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Where's the epi?

looks good... I'll give it a try.

Thanks
    Let me know how they come out. bty...where did you get 25lbs of shrooms? wow!
    I have been canning chicken breast all day. I would normally have thrown out the rib bones but I thought....hmmm, what can I do with these thing? What would my mom do (she is always doing something with bones)? So I boiled them up with some ck. boullion and made chicken stock and canned it too!!! Yabba dabba doo! I also took all the really small pieces (all those little shavings that are stuck inside the ribs) of chicken and put them in a quart jar to use for chicken and dumplings or just to throw into something to add some flavor. I am still canning, have one more batch to do..................then tomorrow I would like to do 10 lbs of potato's. I am working on figuring out the perfect way to keep the starch from collecting on the bottom of the jars after being stored a while. Some of my jars are nice and clear and others have some starch so I can't remember what I did different. Must have been in the cleaning process or something?

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Dried a couple gallons of peppers, then put them through the coffee grinder to make my spice rub. Now I have plenty to get me through the winter and I still have around 4 gallons hanging out to air dry. I have a red and a green pepper spice that will make yours eyes water and start coughing just to smell it. YUMMY....

Also added 4 boxes of Twinkies....I still want my little girl to be happy too.
    I want some of that stuff!!!! I can never find things hot enough! You can keep the twinkies, I like HoHo's!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Pm sent.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.