Page 302 of 389 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have a robot?
    Finished the last class of my EMT update.

Signed up for a state approved LE rifle instructor course.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Finished the last class of my EMT update.

Signed up for a state approved LE rifle instructor course.
    Congrats on the EMT man!

---

For me, I've recently been working on getting finances in order and what not... Working constantly on knowledge as well as window shopping for gear since I am in the process of moving to a new area...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Did a bunch of work outside, which is PT in the blistering heat (for SWVA anyway), HI is about 100deg.

Ordered some QD back plates for our AR, need to order some QD sling mounts, Ill take pictures of that crap later.

Did a chrono on my Stoger X10 .22 airgun, with lead its only running 660fps, I calculate it out to be 13ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle, still makes a can jump in the air so I reckon thats enough for little critters... Its a bit off from the 800fps they "advertise", its cool to have a chrono!

Been doing some planning on optix and BUIS, Primary Arms has a AA unit that runs for 7K hours on one battery, I think Ill get two of them and two risers to co-witness the irons, and
    some type of rear sight...

I still want the Adams Arms gas piston kit...

A lot of stuff I want will have to come a little at a time, never did sell the War Wagon, even after 3 rounds on egay. Got some flyers passed out, Ill likely just tag it and insure it and just f'in put it back on the road WTH. I can drive the Heep during the summer since it has AC, and the Zombie Tank during cooler months, it has awesome heat. I need tires on the Wagon though...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

finally pooped
    Since my military longevity is in question at the moment I am holding off on buying anything really and am focusing on saving till i find out what is going to happen. Dealing with a few personal issues from all that junk as well but there's not much choice.

On the other hand I have been printing a ton of books to read, Got some stuff about gardening, bee keeping, food preservation techniques, and some dystopian stories just for fun. Gotta love free.

J, I need to send you a DVD or two of PDFs I have, some may be duplicates but a lot of info there. Need to send you some videos I have too...

Note to all.. With the racial tension, and the ISIS threat, Id urge you to get an AR (Or AK if you prefer), several mags and a few cans of ammo... WHILE YOU CAN. I got a feeling in my bonez that theres bad mojo on the horizon...

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    same ol' thing i always do. just preparing for the 'unknown'. more food stores, looking at adding a couple 270 gal totes for water. we are dickering on price. he wants too much for them, i think. working on a guy that wants to trade 1200 rds of .22 for a firearm. he thinks he's sitting on a 'gold mine' LOL .22 is coming back around down here. i picked up some at Gander Mountain in Pensacola the other week.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

finally pooped
    For those of you still looking for good prices on ammo I recommend gunbot and ammoseek. They are two great websites for finding it and best of all it sorts by price per round!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also who was it that was looking for a copy of "What every BODY is saying" ?

Do you have a robot?
    Spent Monday shooting with my daughter. She got to shoot my 308 for the first time. I had to check my hunting loads and then let her shoot. She is a good shot with most of my other rifles. 100 yards is no problem. It was her first time shoot at distances over 100 yards, 150 yard metal plate was easy. Once we got her sighted in and on target she was able to make a couple of head shots at 300 yards. The biggest problem was the mirage Considering it was my hunting rifle and not my heavy barrel I was impressed. I was looking at having her shoot the 243 but she said she likes the 308 and wants to shoot distance. We then finished it off with some handgun shooting with the M&P 9. I would put her up against most of the kids in my academy class.

Last night I went and watched my daughter when she went to her Muay Thai (kick boxing) class. It was three hours of none stop workout. She had been doing it for five years and is pretty good. She had to take off for going away from college but picked it back up. Now she wants to do a ground fighting class. So we started shopping for a class like the Gracie jiu jitsu. Since there is nothing like her Muay Thai class around her school I think a jiu jitsu class would be good.

Today we had an advance officer class in handgun and then a ground fighting class. I'm getting too old for this stuff, I'm sore. Saturday we will be doing it again but I will be teaching.

This has been a busy week......
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Realist has got it going on! I liked reading about y'allls progress!

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Spent 10 hours a day for the last 2 days and another 10 hours tomorrow at karate summer camp. Did a lot of bow, sai, nunchuka, and kama training. I really like the sai, cool weapon. We also did some knife fighting, and sparing. 10 hours a day is a long time to be fighting.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson