Page 63 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Went and did a gear setup session with a friend, got pouches and gear all set up in a pretty uniform manner, and examined both of our ways we utilize gear on a chest rig for a little training shoot, and mini tactical seminar that a friend of his is running with some LEO, a few ex-mil guys fresh off deployment, and a PMC that had the pleasure of being shot at a lot in sandy, smelly places. It's gonna be interested to see the differences of opinion in the use, and carrying of gear when it comes to PMC vs. current, and newly ex-Mil. Things we learned: My buddy has way too many AR's, and although he has lots of really nice gear, his new M&P is almost impossible to draw from a blade tec paddle holster with an Eagle Chest rig on (Buckles obstruct good hold on the grip), time for a safariland thigh rig or something similar. I told him we could have just watched Red Dawn and gotten our training that way, but he insists that we train for real... lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

GunnerMax
    Stormfeather, see PM's.

I went out and collected the washed-up worms in our driveway this morning. We had a rainstorm last night and I found some really nice red wigglers for the compost pile. I only got about 10 worms though, not many but better than none.

For the Love of Cats

if you can molly, gear up and go out with a flashlight and a pail during the rainstorm. growing up we used to pick nightcrawlers this way, and easily filled ice cream pails in a couple hours

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Had my real life tornado shakedown. That definitely counts.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Similar to Izzy, we got to practice our tornado senario prep. I also got to spend some time working on a WX net on the ham freq's. It's been almost year since I did much work on a net. It's not a big deal, but we do try and stick to a certain protocol and only take report of conditions the NWS request. The criteria they ask for is Winds in excess of 54 mph, rain in excess of 1"/ hr, and hail at least dime size. Hail is the biggy they want to know about and every Skywarn class I've been thru have stressed not calling in a report of marble size since marble are all different sizes. Use coin size, and for larger golfball, baseball, etc. Hail generally comes off the south side of the thunderstorm and is a leading edge to where the tornado will form from the storm. I will try and locate some info online for reading a thunderstorm and post it up.

I also plowed part of our garden Tuesday night and should be planting taters, onions, cabbage, and other greens in the next couple weeks.

Picked up a Ruger .44 magnum, uncle Mikes shoulder holster, box of hornaday ammo, and a cleaning brush. I get to play a little this weekend.

For the Love of Cats

bought about 25 pounds of misc beans.

Walking on Sunshine

Got three more bags frozen chix and two more bags frozen salmon. Target had sale on frozen bags of Keta salmon. Yah I know if power goes out, there goes freezer but only if nat gas runs out and stand by doesn't turn on.

I haven't done much except for exercising. I have only lost 8 pounds this month, but I feel much more in shape. I can walk at a brisk pace for an hour and 15 mins straight without stopping now, up from 10 mins. I really should fill up my back pack and try that on the treadmill.

For the Love of Cats

I got a good night's sleep. for today I have 8+ inches of snow to clean from my driveway.

Oh, and I also bought a Glock 22 in .40 with a .22 conversion; and a Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .357