Page 92 of 389 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Finally went to the other house and picked up the last of my food preps to be transferred to my new location. (This was due to a recent separation between me and the wife) I haven't added new stock but could easily last a year on my current amounts.

I did pick up 500 more .22 rds.

Storm, I would say working with someone else to get them started is surely added to your preparedness.
    Last edited by LUNCHBOX; 05-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Finally went to the other house and picked up the last of my food preps to be transferred to my new location. (This was due to a recent separation between me and the wife) I haven't added new stock but could easily last a year on my current amounts.

I did pick up 500 more .22 rds.

Storm, I would say working with someone else to get them started is surely added to your preparedness.
    Sorry to hear about the separation there Lunchbox, been thru it before and it sucks no matter how you look at it. Hopefully it will at least be on good terms.

Yea, I think that bringing a new prepper into the fold is a way of prepping now that I look at it. Hes a good cat, and Ive been trying to guide him in the right direction on a lot of stuff. I think he will make a great addition to the colony.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

LB, if you need some downtime Ol' Grump has a spare bedroom and I know the quickest way to get over to the beach.

I bought some new garden tools made by Council Tool.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Crotch Rocket

I finally got a light mounted on my AR, and since I was pocket carrying it I got a new, smaller light to replace it. The Streamlight keymate. Its tiny, but damn does that little beam pack a punch!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

GunnerMax
    Signed up for (more like requested) 4 gun/ammo related schools for the fall.

For the Love of Cats

picked up another 50# of rice, a minnow trap, and working on some garden stuff.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

A laugh a minute
    Made it home and brought back some goodies to make our life easier. We now have A propane fridge and can have ice, milk, ice cream and COLD BEER. WOO WHOO WE ARE UP TOWN NOW

got some free weights and some rounds for the model 12

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

In the last week I bought:
    2500 rds Mini-mag 36gr HP
    1000 rds 230gr 45ACP
    6 #10 cans of cheddar cheese powder
    A plastic spigot for my last 55gal water barrel (and 2 spare spigots)
    an seal-able 55gal poly drum for TP storage. I figure I can get 12 dozen or so rolls in there vs 1 doz in a 5 gallon bucket
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Have had a fairly good week here started out with 7.5 ls of rice and 3 pounds of Beans 24 oz of honey then found a killer deal on an H&R 12 gauge pump for 100.00 chamered in 2 3/4 or 3" picked up a nice food dehydrator that came with jerky making gun as well as other recipes. Picked up 100 rounds of 5.56 ammo and 100 rounds of 9MM ammo and 25 12 gauge rounds. picked up 120 ls of menure for the new garden and a couple 5 gallon storage buckets. almost seemed like christmas lol.