Page 25 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Ok, I have to ask since I'm not origionally from an area that shoots squirrels...what do you do with them? Poor little things are just so cute, why would you shoot them? There can't be much meat on them and please don't tell me they taste like chicken!
    I find them particularly cute when browned nicely and covered with gravy!

I packed away another 50 lbs of rice (mylar bag and O2 absorbers with bay leaves), 50 lbs of red beans (ditto) and 50 lbs of white corn (ditto). I have to replace a couple of circuit breakers at my home as they won't reset, so that will be my project for this week.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

For the Love of Cats

^ mmmm
    squirrel gravy....

and I don't know about anywhere else... but they get pretty big around here...

rofl

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

^^awesome
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

I forgot to say I don't shoot the ones around my house because they are cute, and fun to watch. I don't have any major nuisance issues with them either though.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

This week I got a zombie head chopper......er....I mean, new machete.
    I like it. It seems to be built pretty tough. It actually has a much thicker blade than a lot of machetes I've seen.
    Just the kind of tool Tunnelrat would like to try to tear up......I mean test.
    Last edited by izzyscout21; 11-07-2011 at 10:36 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

Our house sits out in what used to be a pasture. I have planted a boat load of trees since we bought it (1000+), but no nut trees. This summer we finally had a our first & I hope last squirrel. My wife puts out bird seed to attract various birds to watch. Stupid squirrel kept getting up on the deck, eatin all the food, then proceded to destroy her feeders. Needless to say, he won't be eating anymore bird seed!
    BTW I don't care for squirrel very much. Just don't like the flavor.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Just finished up Wifey's Christmas present today. I made her a Black Ruger MKIII with a Black 6" fluted Pac-Lite. It has Red flame Hogue grips and a Fastfire sight. Hope she likes it. If not, well, I like it.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    Just finished up Wifey's Christmas present today. I made her a Black Ruger MKIII with a Black 6" fluted Pac-Lite. It has Red flame Hogue grips and a Fastfire sight. Hope she likes it. If not, well, I like it.
    DH and I both like this one....how sweet is that? You are such a thoughtful hubby!

I like AlphaTea's gift a LOT. I'd click the "like" button 50 times if I could. I wish my hubby would give me a gift like that.

BTW, where, and how much did that machete cost?

I traded for the machete, actually called a Parang.

They can be had for a very reasonable price. Try here:

GerberĀ® Bear Grylls Survival Series™ Parang™ Machete