Page 65 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I picked up a Remmington 597 (2 10 rd clips) with a Bushnell scope already mounted. I would have rather had the Ruger 10/22 but the price was the winning factor.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Picked up a Ruger 10/22 and 3 25 rd mags for the wife to use should things turn to shit down the road as she is not into firearms at all, thought the .22 would be a good gun for someone that does not practice.

Also picked up a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn shotgun scope for my Winchester 1300. Guys at work swear by this scope when they deer hunt for its exceptional low light capability.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I've managed to lose about 7 or 8 pounds. However, it's taken me over 2 months to lose it. I am VERY slow to lose weight. I guess it might come off faster if I'd exercise regularly instead of sporadically. But, it sure feels good to be able to toss some jeans in the, "too big to wear" pile. I'm saving those for when the SHTF and I need to look like I'm starving so hopefully the masses won't know I have food stored. Other than that, I've bought a few more boxes of shotgun shells, dry beans, and other sundry items. Also put away a few more 2 liter bottles of water.

Also, I'm on the fence about ordering replacement wheels for all of our Razor scooters. I'm thinking that if gasoline is too expensive to buy or an EMP happens, instead of always biking where we need to go we could use our scooters. They fold up nicely and you can carry them on your back while doing other things. Not so easy with a bike. I guess I'll order them since I doubt they will be available, or nearly so cheap on the black market after SHTF.

Gosh darn it! I keep remembering stuff I just bought - a bunch of bike parts....chains, brake pads, travel pump and some bike tools.
    Last edited by mollypup; 03-06-2012 at 05:54 PM.

GunnerMax
    I purchased a pistol lanyard, as well as 2 Riteintherain all weather pins. One for my BOB, one for my wife's. I have also met 2 other preppers, and a gearwhore in my unit. The gearwhore and I have agreed to meet and do some gear swapping/discussing once back home.

A laugh a minute
    Well somebody made me hungry for a weed salad in another thread so I made one for supper. I planted some of my garden seeds. (# = How many seeds) Blue Hopi corn (6), Strawberry popcorn (6), Truckers yellow corn (6), Cayenne Peppers (15), Beefsteak tomatoes (15). Since I will not be here in April and the first week of May, I didn’t want to plant to much in case it all died or got ate by critters. I planted everything in food cans that I save, poked hole in the bottom and set in a shallow pan. That way if it rains while I am gone they will get watered and if it doesn’t maybe the pan will hold enough water to get them thru the dry spell. If they die, I haven’t lost much. I worked on my rustic side table, on the coat rack, and put more polyurethane on my walking sticks. Gathered grapevines for making my hummingbird feeders, clipped the dog, (a schnauzer) and now I am writing this. Been a busy day.

I'll most likely shit myself

I plow part of the garden last week. Went Monday and got my seed potatos, onion, and several plants. Disk the garden tonight and hope to start planting sometime between Friday and Tuesday.

I also shot a box thru the .Redhawk. Then cleaned and inspected all out pistols. Glad to have that done.

Where's the epi?

Bought .22, 12 guage, and 308. I love buying ammo. I was short on 308 brass anyway so it was a good excuse since it can be reloaded. Then went to this small grocery store I've never been to before and found my beef a roni (those who know me know I can live on the stuff) for .89 a can, soups, beef boullion, individual shake and bake (.69 a package that is bigger than you get in the boxes), pineapple chunks for $1 a can...all kinds of stuff that the prices were very good compared to normal stores. They had water - 30 bottles for $3.99 but I didn't pick any up. At least I know where there is some so I can go back. Pretty neat little store.
    I apologize for nothing...

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Picked up 2 cases of TP off of Bulk Toilet Paper

Got my new to me Ruger Mk I in and got to try it out, not a lot of blueing on it, but its still accurate!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Picked up the midnight urge to go shopping, bought about 10 pounds of beef, brought it home and started canning at 3:00am. . . now thats boredom!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

^^ they make drugs for that.......
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.