Page 89 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

GunnerMax
    nah, empty partitioned off barracks buildings, with lockers and beds to go with it.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

I put away 100# of grits yesterday
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

They have grits in NY Alpha????? You need to get down home and away from those Commies! *Looks longingly SE and whistles Dixie*
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Thinks it might be German

Went to the LDS cannery last week and put away 20lbs of dry pintos, 36lbs or white rice, 12lbs of hot chocolate, 12lbs of powdered milk, 6lbs of oats, 30lbs of flour, and 1lb of dried apple chips.
    Everything went in #10 cans with o2 absorbers, which makes managing waste and useage much easier, compared to 5 gallon or larger buckets, and barrels.

If you have a LDS cannery in your area and haven't used it yet... Get on the phone and make an appointment. You won't regret it.

Some of my older LDS storage:

Got my Worksman tricycle in top running condition!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Heading out to Camp something or another in Minnesota for Raid training, apparently we are going to be doing that all weekend. Seems we have stepped up our HVT raid training lately like theres something in the works and they arent telling us.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    They have grits in NY Alpha????? You need to get down home and away from those Commies! *Looks longingly SE and whistles Dixie*
    Got the grits from Honeyville Grain. Down home in L.A.(Lower Alabama) you go to Winn Dixie or Piggly Wiggly and they will have one whole aisle 100 feet long with nothing but Grits. 10 or 12 brands with multiple flavors not mention slow cook, guick cook, and instant. I think instant is still illegal in some counties though. Maybe a box or two of quaker oats and some Farina or Maypo.
    Up here in New Yorkistan they have Yuppie food, a gazillion diff oat meal and a couple of grits.
    Go figure
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

I know how you feel! Ralph's Trader Joe's etc out here. But I get my grits at Cardena's, a Mexican grocery store.

Quo Vadis?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Heading out to Camp something or another in Minnesota for Raid training, apparently we are going to be doing that all weekend. Seems we have stepped up our HVT raid training lately like theres something in the works and they arent telling us.
    What is an HVT raid Storm? Just curious.

Quo Vadis?